At Walnut City WineWorks, we produce 8,000 cases annually from six estate vineyards in the Willamette Valley and are looking for fun, hardworking team players to help us during the upcoming 2018 harvest. As well as winery operations, we farm and manage over 200 acres of vineyards for both ourselves and others. We have multiple positions available both in the vineyard and winery, as well as positions incorporating elements of both.
We are a relatively small operation so interns will have their hands in nearly every part of the process. You will have the opportunity to learn about the hand crafting of various wines including Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Riesling, Gewürztraminer, and Dolcetto.
- Good attitude, strong work ethic, and attention to detail
- TBD: Typically 6-8 weeks starting in late August / early September
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift 50 lbs
- Ability to work long days and variable hours including weekends, but no overnight shifts!
- Ability work safely in a fast-paced, quality-focused environment
- Desire to learn how world-class wines are made and have a good time doing it!
Winery/Production duties & responsibilities may include:
- Punch downs and pumpovers
- Daily juice and wine sampling, basic analysis and record keeping
- Fermentation additions
- forklift operation/weighing picking bins
- Various other duties as assigned by winemaker
Beyond the typical winery harvest processes, fun and educational projects of note include small lot sparkling wine production, extensive use of whole cluster Pinot Noir fermentation, barrel fermented whites, and Rose of Pinot Noir. In the vineyard, there will be broad exposure to a multitude of sites and AVA’s in the Willamette Valley, as well as diversity of cultivars and farming styles to experience hands-on.
Previous harvest/winery experience is a plus, but not required, we value a good attitude and a willingness to work hard and learn over anything else. Forklift experience is preferred, but training will be available and offered.
Accommodation and transportation will not be provided, but we may be able to help arrange this.
Salary dependent on experience