As a wine & spirits key account manager, this person is responsible for consistently meeting and exceeding performance expectations (including, but not limited to, sales volume, distribution and profitability targets) for the Company as a whole. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships and a high level of expertise with buyers at high-impact target accounts. The key account manager’s presentation and conduct in the marketplace will be crucial in establishing and maintaining the Company’s perception as a leading fine wine and spirits distributor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, foster, and maintain relationships with key accounts.
• Promote and demonstrate wine and spirits knowledge within a set geographic area to increase sales among high-profile accounts.
• Schedule and maintain regular sales calls to designated accounts.
• Support the needs of the sales force as it relates to account development and maintenance.
• Provide training and education of personnel in retail and restaurants statewide.
• Stay ahead of wine industry trends and changes in marketplace.
• Maintain a high level of product knowledge both within the Company’s portfolio and within the portfolios of competitors as well.
• Work with suppliers, winery principals, and winemakers in the market as required.
• Deploy effective and efficient budget control principles to ensure all defined spending is within established budget plans.
• Provide management with market intelligence including sales trends, product development, and competitive activity.
Assist Regional Manager with a team of 10-15 sales reps in a given territory. Assist with supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training new sales reps; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining sales reps; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ideal key account manager has industry sales experience, product knowledge, and some experience managing a sales team. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school graduate
• College degree in related field helpful
• Minimum 3-5 years’ industry experience
• Highly proficient knowledge of wines & spirits
• Excellent communicator demonstrating a “can-do” approach to the job
• Computer-capable, including MS Office & Internet software
• Valid driver's license with good driving record