Ferrari-Carano Vineyards and Winery is located in the beautiful Dry Creek Valley. A leading producer of world-class wines, Ferrari-Carano exhibits a remarkable consistency of style and elegance in their wines vintage after vintage. With over 1,500 vineyard acres in six different appellations, Ferrari-Carano owns some of the finest wine growing properties in all of California.
Ferrari-Carano’s viticulture department supplements both winery and vineyard in the pursuit towards superior fruit quality and vineyard maintenance. We provide vineyard research data and current viticulture information from dormancy through harvest to strengthen our distinguished winemaking programs. We are seeking 3 interns to come and join our viticulture team from July through harvest.
The interns’ responsibilities associated before and during harvest time to include: Assist with vineyard monitoring such as data collection, document phenological stages, cluster counts and weights, identification of pests/diseases, grape sampling, and data entry. There will be interaction with our winemaking and lab staff during berry sampling and fruit maturity assessment to assist with harvest time decisions. Also, as it gets closer to harvest, interns will work in the winery to perform daily lab analysis on grape juice samples.
- Interest in plant science, agriculture, viticulture and wine.
- A Degree in Viticulture and Enology is preferred.
- Ability to work in vineyard conditions: Extended hours in heat, extensive walking/hiking.
- Computer skills: Ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must work over-time as required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Reliable, trustworthy, and a self-starter.
- A positive attitude and desire to work as a team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide clean DMV record.