Accounting / People & Culture Business Partner
THE ABEJA PHILOSOPHY
Spanish for bee, our name is pronounced 'ah-BAY-ha.' We chose this name for its simple beauty and its reminder of times past when farming implied a respect for the environment and a close connection to the earth. It is our belief that each day we can make a difference in the quality of our care for the land and, no matter how small, any difference we make is worthwhile. We create our wines and receive our guests under this same philosophy.
Our wines are produced from a combination of estate vineyards and fruit grown by long-term contract in other growing areas of Washington State. Some of these contracts include Heather Hill, Mill Creek Vineyard and a hand full of growers in the Columbia Valley.
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
Includes, but is not limited to:
• Administer and maintain accurate records of necessary federal, state and local reports as required by the applicable laws, S.O.P.s and Columbia Hospitality, Inc policies.
• Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws, specifically administration of FMLA, OSHA, Wage and Hour, EEO, HazCom, etc.
• Manage all unemployment compensation activity, Worker’s Compensation Claims and any external agency investigations.
• Monitor compliance with established personnel policies and procedures.
• Facilitate the resolution of employee relations issues.
• Coach Managers to create and maintain a work environment with high morale and productivity.
• Support and administer Employee Opinion Survey in conjunction with HR Project Manager Monitor performance appraisal system, ensures record-keeping, individual and group 8) counseling, benefits administration, department intercommunication
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
• Identify and recommend Human Resource approaches to management team including strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting, and organizational development issues.
• Administer compensation programs including but not limited to conducting wage surveys, developing property wage scales, administering wage and salary schedules and merit increases associated with the performance evaluation program working in tandem with Corporate Human Resources.
• Attend mandatory meetings such as executive committee, risk management, safety committee, management staff meetings, etc.
• Process invoices received to electronic invoicing system
• Manage electronic invoicing system and forward invoices in the system for appropriate manager to review, approve and code with correct budgeted GL account
• Collect W9 information and billing information for all new vendors and forward to AP to set up
• Identify month-end accruals
• Apply one-time credit card payment policy when applicable
Accounts Receivable and Credit
• Process Direct Bill applications
• Verify credit references and approve or deny direct bill applications
• Once approved, set-up A/R direct bill accounts
• Send A/R direct bill invoices in a timely manner
• Follow up for collections
• Monitor A/R aging and hold monthly aging meetings
• Review for accuracy all revenue functions, including but not limited to:
o Daily Revenue
o Income Journal
o Credit Card Batches transmitted and balanced to bank deposits
o Charges posted and balanced
• Prepare cash deposits and supervise weekly pick up
• Prepare petty cash reimbursement
• Prepare monthly financial reports for 3 entities Inn, Vineyard and Winery.
A qualified candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree required and at least 2 years progressive experience in an Accounting and People and Culture Generalist role
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and work under pressure
• Strong knowledge of all applicable laws
• Works well in both team oriented and autonomous environments
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this team member. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Competitive Wages
• Employee Assistance Program
• PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Inclusion)
• Upward Mobility Potential
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Online Learning Platform