Under general supervision of the Trade Hospitality and Events Manager, this position is comprised of two components; managing Trade related experience and events at and offsite on behalf of Black Stallion Estate Winery along with cultivating and selling Black Stallion Estate Winery Limited Release and Prestige Brands direct to local businesses in the Napa and Sonoma Valley. Consistently delivering a top-notch hospitality experience for all trade guests at Black Stallion Estate Winery. Responsibilities include matters pertaining to trade hospitality working closely with the Trade Coordinator to confirm experiences and event hosting, cultivate and maintain business relationships with internal sales and key business contacts for direct sales, emailing follow up reports for all hosting experiences, tracking and maintaining all activities related to sales both retail and wholesale along with wine club signups, developing individualized guest experiences, and assisting in executing trade events. The Ambassador is responsible for enhancing guest experiences at BSEW by sharing knowledge of wine, winemaking, viticulture, food pairings and Napa Valley and BSEW's history while promoting BSEW wines and the showcasing entire DFV portfolio.
* Represents Black Stallion Estate Winery and Delicato Family Vineyards through exceptional guest service and hospitality
* Host educational and fun guest experiences provided with tours, tastings, guest house check in, hosting events on and offsite as needed
* Cultivate new and maintain exsisting relationships for sales of the Limited Release and Prestige wines locally, working along side Area Sales team with customer engagement through support and continual interations
* Attend all networking event and experiences through out the Northbay as pertained to driving new relationship to the winery
* Grow individual and department sales goals with wine sales and wine club memberships
* Track all contacts and sales for monthly review
* Proactively communicate with DFV Sales teams to understand their priorities for trade visits - including key brands and skus to highlight - and individual guest background and needs. Based on these priorities and needs, develops clear goals and customized experiences for each guest visit while being mindful of budget constraints.
* Facilitate guest cottage check-in and check-out; performs walk-through and explains appliance functions, offered amenities and emergency procedures.
* Prepare and manages a monthly detailed spreadsheet reporting retail and wholesale leads, appointments, sales and follow ups but not limited to. Submits for management and sales support team to review, flagging opportunities and making recommendations for successful sales.
* Assists in developing and setting luxury standards of guest service and wine tasting experiences.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent; Associate Degree is a plus
* 3-5 years related work experience is required
* Wine industry experience and wine knowledge is required, wine education certification is a plus
* Experience working with or equivalent working knowledge of wine trade is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Valid driver's license, appropriate automobile insurance coverage, and clean driving record
* Must be extremely organized with impeccable attention to detail
* Understands hotel management and scheduling
* Excellent proactive planning, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Exceptional active listening, verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrates excellent customer service and patience
* Must possess a friendly, professional demeanor and appearance
* Strong computer skills, MS preferred (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
* Working knowledge of the wine industry and/or culture
* Ability to work in the outdoors including during winter and summer months, subject to marked temperature and humidity changes
* Ability to work in refrigerated environments
* Drives automotive equipment
* Exposed to dust, fumes and gases
* Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
* Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concern in a constructive manner
* Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
* Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.