The Operations Manager is the primary liaison between the Operations Director and the Warehouse Associates.
• Maintain an intimate understanding of the daily goals/metrics for the shift.
• Mentor and coach warehouse associates to understand/meet departmental goals/metrics.
• Monitor shift workflow and adjust accordingly to meet the daily goals.
• Assign workload to staff and monitor performance to meet the daily goals.
• Liaise with prior and subsequent shift Supervisors to effectively communicate operational requirements.
• Mentor and coach the Team Leader(s) to improve knowledge and skill level.
• Educate, coach and mentor employees on documented operational policies and procedures.
• Maintain intimate knowledge of The Winebow Employee and Safety Handbooks.
• Educate employees and enforce adherence to Operational and Safety Policies.
• Hire/Counsel/Terminate staff to meet the business goals and objectives.
• Ensure compliance of EEO, Right to Know, Wage & Hour, and OSHA regulations regarding all warehouse personnel.
• Responsible for cycle count accuracy and bi-annual physical inventories
• Ownership and tracking of KPI's - daily, weekly, and Yearly results
• Warehouse Sanitation and 5S
• Department level budget responsibility
• Maintenance of the facility
• Building and MHE
• Managing Vendors, cost savings, and tracking
• Back up to day shift manager when needed - AM Team / Receiving Operations
• Promptly address performance/procedural issues with associates failing to meet weekly goals/metrics.
• Promptly address and document attendance/tardy issues.
• Proficiency to prepare complete and accurate Bills of Lading.
• Research/update Error Log daily where applicable.
• Achieve and maintain inventory accuracy goals at the slot level.
• Approve and submit timecards to on a bi-weekly basis.
• Conduct a pre and post shift walk thru of the warehouse, paying specific attention to safety and housekeeping requirements.
• Ensure building is properly secured (no doors propped open, alarms armed as needed).
• Conduct a minimum of weekly safety and equipment log inspections.
• Monitor and respond to email promptly and accurately, with particular attention to time-sensitive requirements.
• Arrive to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions/deadlines on time and as scheduled.
• Meet agreed upon departmental and personal drilldown goals/objectives.
• Must demonstrate ability to multi task and work in a fast pace environment.
• All other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 3-5 years of experience in a warehousing environment
• 3-5 years of supervisory experience preferred.
• Ability to obtain forklift certification within 6 months of hire; Certified forklift operator preferred.
• Demonstrated/proven computer skills including intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).Demonstrated/proven and effective communication skills to management, direct reports, 3rd party providers.
Sitting, manual dexterity, visual acuity, climbing, reaching, bending, and lifting and moving up to 50 lbs.
Experience Level Required: 4-8 Years
Education Level Required: High School/G.E.D.