Rooted in rebellion. Committed to passion.
Founded in 1968 by Barney Fetzer in Mendocino County, California, Fetzer Vineyards is an award-winning purveyor of wines from sustainable, organic and biodynamic grapes. In addition to robust offerings under the winery's flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards and 1000 Stories, the original bourbon barrel-aged wine. Other offerings include Adorada, Anthony's Hill, Jekel Vineyards and Sanctuary Wines. Recently, the winery entered the ultra-luxury wine and spirits category by forging a partnership with Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. to sell its historic craft rye whiskey. With the recent addition of imports from parent company Concha y Toro to the Fetzer Vineyards’ collection, the Company will effectively double in size and will be responsible for bringing some 5.2 million cases annually to the global market.
We’re looking for a District Manager, Georgia and Alabama to carry on our vision. As we continue to innovate and introduce new brands to the market and identify opportunities for our proven brands such as Bonterra, Fetzer and 1000 Stories and iconic Chilean imports such as Don Melchor and Casillero del Diablo and Trivento from Argentina, you will be responsible for the daily management of our wine brands in the distributor network in the above listed geographic area. The District Manager is held accountable for customer interaction in On/Off Premise channels as directed by the Regional Manager. He/she will work independently, with other Fetzer employees, such as chain and national/regional account managers and with distributor personnel.
This is a virtual, home office based role and the ideal candidate will be located within the greater Atlanta area. Travel will be approximately 20%-30% throughout the region.
Planning and Execution:
• Develops short-term business plan and targets in alignment with the annual plan.
• Manages distributors to achieve state / regional goals, including shipments, depletions and distribution; fully owns goals for all states assigned.
• Manages distributor execution of marketing programs, selling strategies across all channels in a state.
• Maintains appropriate inventory levels to achieve annual program goals.
• Manages and develops distributors’ capabilities to adopt and implement brand strategies.
• Travels to service accounts or multiple markets.
Monitoring and Measuring:
• Provides accurate and timely business intelligence including market forecasts for territory.
• Takes an active role in assessing distributor performance with Regional Vice President.
• Sets display goals and tracks display activity with distributor.
• Coordinates completion of priority reports with distributors; scheduled sales, spending, programming, pricing, new distribution, etc.
• Uses analytical tools and marketing data to determine priorities and develops presentations to distributors.
Team Development and Communications
• Cultivates cross departmental relationships within the company to carry out Fetzer’s brand strategies.
• Fosters a harmonious and productive workplace and assists in conflict resolution procedures if required.
• Participates in creating a culture of teamwork with internal and external stakeholders.
• Positively contributes to the achievement of individual and team objectives and goals.
• Contributes, through regular meetings, to the constant evaluation, development, and improvement of all procedures relating to distributor interface.
• Bachelor’s degree – Business/Marketing or related field from an accredited college with a minimum two - three years progressive experience, or equivalent education/experience combination.
• Practical selling experience in food and beverage industry.
• Proven success in wine/adult beverage industry sales and account management experience including retail trade, on/off premise accounts, and independent liquor stores.
• Strong verbal and written communicator who can articulate clear images and messages through words, public speaking and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the highest level of integrity.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Valid driver’s license. Overnight travel, weekend and evening work as required.
• Travel throughout region required – approximately 20% - 30% of the time.
• Nielsen/IRI information experience, a plus.
• Bilingual English/Spanish, a plus, but not required.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. on a frequent basis, carry up to 40 lbs. & push and pull up to 20 lbs. on an occasional basis; ability to sit and work at a desk for long periods of time; requires ability to walk and stand; reach outward and upward, climb, crawl, squat, kneel, and bend; requires hand and finger dexterity for keyboarding and working at computer for extended periods of time. Additional physical requirements required as related to domestic/international travel via air and ground transportation.
Fetzer Vineyards’ corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449 Hopland is a small town of less than 800 people located at the gateway to the redwoods of Northern California. It is about a two hour drive, along scenic U.S. Route 101, north of San Francisco.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry: apply online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.