We are seeking enthusiastic Harvest Lab Interns for the 2018 Harvest season. As a Harvest Lab Intern, you will work directly with our wine chemists to perform analysis on grapes, juice, must, and wine! Come join our energetic and passionate team for Harvest 2018!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Harvest Interns must have the ability to work efficiently and accurately in a high throughput analytical laboratory:
• Collect wine samples from tanks, clean valves, gaskets, clamps and other cellar related equipment when sampling.
• Perform daily brix and temperature monitoring on fermenting tanks.
• Record and enter data in Excel, JDE, VinoEZ, and AgCode.
• Perform routine juice, must, and wine analysis using automated equipment. This includes: pH, TA, brix, alcohol, ammonia, NOPA, K, free and total sulfur, VA, residual sugars, and various other analyses.
• Clean glassware, countertops, lab equipment and instrumentation regularly, maintaining good general housekeeping of the lab.
• Understand and abide by safety guidelines and laboratory procedures.
• Flexibility regarding work hours and shift assignment a must.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid California Driver's License and clean DMV record required
• Degree in or currently enrolled in Enology, Viticulture, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related scientific field is desired but not required.
• Previous winery experience is desired, but not required.
• Ability to work both independently and as a dynamic, contributing team member in a fast-paced environment.
• Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and willingness to work long hours inside or outside.
• Ability to perform physical labor if necessary, and to lift 50lbs.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Excellent communication skills; can communicate effectively in English.
• Experience in Microsoft Excel and Word required, strong data management skills preferred.
Wage information: Hourly, rate DOE
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org