“We have yet to make our best bottle of wine.” This philosophy of constant improvement at Silver Oak and Twomey applies to everyone and everything we do, from grape to glass, production to sales and marketing. We live and breathe a company culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, positive thinking, collaboration, going above and beyond, education, safety and a sense of curiosity. Working at Silver Oak and Twomey comes with many benefits, but none as great as coming to work and feeling valued as a member of the family. Full time employment offers a competitive benefit and healthcare package; and of course, the wine country lifestyle!
Who are we looking for? Someone who is passionate, self-motivated, trustworthy, customer-focused and ready to work hard for an amazing company!
Silver Oak & Twomey Cellars is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to provide support to our Oakville facility. This position is regular full-time and benefit eligible. This is an hourly, non-exempt position and will be based in Oakville, CA. This position will report to the Executive Assistant to the President/CEO.
• Responds to visitors, clients, and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
• Supports Executive Assistant to President & CEO with tasks and projects.
• Keeps reception/mail/copy/kitchen area organized in hospitality building.
• Picks up/delivers/distributes interoffice mail/Post Office/Fed Ex/ UPS. Checks receiving area twice per day (AM/PM). Opens and routes incoming mail.
• Schedule maintenance & orders toners, etc., for office equipment.
• Collects and recycles ink cartridges for Oakville facility.
• Maintains mail room and closet organized/stocked. This includes organization of supplies (i.e. bubble wrap broken into smaller packages and stored at both mail cabinets).
• Assists Office Manager with coordinating Facility Lunches and other employee events (i.e. catering orders, pick up of food, set up, etc.)
• Orders and picks-up sparkling wine and beer for events/winery.
• Provides back-up to Office Manager with making coffee/tea available each morning.
• Cleans/organizes main breakroom and 2nd floor kitchenette in Hospitality Building, including daily cleaning of airpots and dishes.
• Restocks refrigerators (sodas/water) in all conference rooms and all employee kitchens.
• Assists Office Manager with ordering and picking up carpool program lunches.
• Assists with delivering Release Day wine to Oakville neighbors.
• Assists wholesale team with mailings or projects.
• Receive, unpack and repack wine bottles to be signed by President & CEO and others.
• Assists with lodging accommodations for company visitors and Duncan Family members.
• Manages company nametags including ordering for new employees, organizing inventory, and making them available for events (release day, etc.).
• Maintains/updates all trade publications and subscriptions for Oakville facility.
• Helps scan/copy documents as requested.
• Composes and types routine correspondence as required.
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing as required.
• Organizes and maintains file system; files correspondence and other records.
• Provides support to other departments.
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
• Associates degree (A.A.), two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient on MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
• Keystrokes a minimum of 45 wpm.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform diversified clerical functions and basic accounting procedures.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Valid CA Driver’s License and clean DMV record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Sit for prolonged periods.
• Perform some repetitive motion activities.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, often distractive office environment.
• Ability to work in an open work environment with regular distraction. Busy office.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.