Dunham Cellars is looking to fill an immediate opening for a Lab Technician. This is the right opportunity for a technically and science-minded individual, with a strong work ethic, looking for experience in the wine industry.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Performing daily analyses on juice and wine samples
• Performing analyses using a variety of manual and automated methods
• Following standard operating procedures
• Following laboratory safety procedures
• Processing and testing vineyard grape samples for ripeness
• Assisting in the setup of tastings and trials
• Properly maintaining instruments and test systems.
• Maintaining accurate records and performing accurate data entry
• Maintaining an organized and clean working environment
• Support winemaking activities in cellar as needed
• Other duties as assigned by Winemaker
Skills and Requirements:
• Ability to work quickly, accurately and safely
• Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
• Excellent organizational stills, detail oriented
• Self-starter with willingness to learn and follow new procedures
• Previous experience in a production lab or winery preferred.
• Experience in the use of computers, primarily Microsoft Office products.
• Good math, science, and computation skills with accuracy and legibility of records required
• Enology, Chemistry or Biology-related college degree preferred.
• Lift, push, or pull a minimum of 50 pounds weight
• Perform work in sitting or standing position for extended periods of time.
• Perform work with use of a step stool or ladder
The applicant must be flexible, professional, highly motivated, and able to manage multiple responsibilities and complete tasks efficiently with a high degree of accuracy. This is a paid, full-time position working 8 hour shifts Monday through Friday. Working Saturdays, Sundays, and/or evenings will be necessary during harvest or for special events.
For consideration, please include a cover letter and your resume when replying to this posting.
All submissions will be treated with strict confidentiality.