Holtzclaw Compliance is seeking an experienced compliance professional within the alcohol beverage industry. The ideal candidate for this position must demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimum supervision, the ability to organize, prioritize, and accomplish multiple projects, and research answers to questions as they arise. Position reports to the Director of Operations.
Compliance Duties & Responsibilities:
• Label review and COLA submission via the TTB’s COLAs Online portal
• Prepare, maintain, submit, and organize all state and federal permits and licenses for both Wholesale and Direct to Consumer accounts
• Facilitate timely tax return filings via ShipCompliant
• Analyze raw data and manually complete monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual state sales and excise tax reports for clients without ShipCompliant subscription
• Navigate compliance regulations and communicate with various State and Federal government agencies on behalf of clients
• An Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field, with 1-2 years’ experience (3-5 years experience in a related field may be substituted for the education requirement)
• Winery experience/general knowledge of the alcoholic beverage industry, particularly compliance issues
• Proven ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment with cross functional interaction
• Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to set priorities for multiple projects, and the ability to manage and meet deadlines
• Ability to analyze raw data and draw conclusions
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Superior client relationship skills and commitment to excellence
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, ShipCompliant, Vin65, and Dropbox
• Requires ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time, working with computers and other office equipment
• Salary is competitive and DOE
• This position is full time (M-F 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM).
Holtzclaw Compliance opened for business in May of 2012. Our company's goal is to provide outstanding, expert compliance and regulatory advice to the alcohol beverage industry. We advise clients on all compliance related manners, such as filing sales and excise tax returns, obtaining COLAs, completing license and permit applications, and representing clients in audit proceedings. Our company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.