Early Mountain Vineyards is located in Madison, Virginia and is part of the Monticello Wine Trail in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. With a strong commitment to the vineyard, as well as a fervent expression of place, our mission is to craft high-quality wines and to participate in Virginia’s ascent as a world-class wine region. For additional information on the winery, please visit earlymountain.com.
Early Mountain Vineyards is seeking a laboratory intern for the 2018 harvest. Internships start in August (exact timeframe TBD) and end approximately early November or December (season dependent).
Job responsibilities will include:
• Fermentation monitoring
• Fruit sampling
• Basic Chemistry analysis: pH, TA, Brix, Free SO2, etc.
• Enzymatic analysis (YAN, Malic Acid, Acetic Acid, Glucose Fructose)
• Assist in bottling operations and general cellar tasks as needed
• Previous lab skills, including proficiency in wet chemistry and enzymatic analysis
• Understanding of general winemaking practices
• Ability to perform physical labor, including lifting 50 lbs. on a regular basis
• Willingness to work long hours and up to 7 days a week at times
• A positive attitude, sense of humor and keen eye for detail
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Must have own transportation
Compensation: Interns will be paid hourly and are eligible for overtime pay.
Please send cover letter and references to email@example.com.