Immediate opportunity with an ultra- premium Napa Valley winery as Cellar Master for Harvest 2018. If you have experience leading a winery team, working at custom crush facilities and have a familiarity with Vintrace software, then look no further! Our Estate features a state-of-the-art winery with an extensive cave network. Additionally, we own over 56 acres of beautiful vineyards.
The Cellar Master is an essential role that will lead and mentor our cellar crew as we craft our own amazing wines and those of our prestigious custom crush clients. This position will organize and oversee all day to day cellar duties, working alongside the cellar team and winemaker throughout the year. Attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and conscientiousness are a must!
• Manage day to day operations of very fast-paced work environment.
• Lead and mentor our cellar team. Work closely with Winemaker.
• Execute and manage all work orders, ensuring the details are fully understood by the team.
• Manage inventory and maintenance of all equipment and materials.
• Prepare and execute bottling for all brands.
• Lead our winery safety program, including creating/maintaining all safety procedures and ensuring that the crew upholds all safety measures in the cellar.
• Positive and team-oriented attitude required.
• Ability to plan and execute cellar work flow and long-term goals.
• Familiarity with Vintrace software is highly preferred.
• Excellent management skills of small and larger teams.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to train personnel in all winemaking procedures.
• Three to five years of full-time broad cellar experience at high-end, ultra-premium wineries.
• Minimum two years of experience managing teams.
• Expert-level forklift driving experience in a cellar environment is a must.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly.
• Ability to work extended hours in a cellar environment, especially during harvest.