Quails’ Gate Winery is nestled in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in the southern interior of British Columbia. Our 125+ acre estate winery, located on the shores of Lake Okanagan, is owned and operated by the Stewart Family, pioneering horticulturists since the turn of the 20th century.
We are seeking Harvest Interns from September – November of this year. The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Assisting in receiving and processing fruit, sorting, pressing etc.,
• Perform punch downs, pump-overs,
• Monitor fermentation Brix and temperature, as needed,
• Racking juice, filling, topping and stirring barrels,
• Removing pomace from tanks and presses,
• Safe operation of a forklift,
• Accurate record keeping,
• Operate crusher/de-stemmer, press, conveyer, and pump,
• General cleaning and sanitization of winery and winery equipment.
The requirements for this job are as follows: must have attention to detail, a positive attitude, the willingness to work hard and get dirty and the ability to work well with others is essential.
• Previous cellar experience or winemaking education,
• Ability to perform the physical demands of cellar work such as, bending, stooping, climbing ladders and barrels,
• Lift and carry 50 pounds,
• Ability to work long hours/weekends in various conditions,
• Valid forklift license
Please note: only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews