The position is responsible for managing all states assigned in order to continue to grow the Gerard Bertrand company portfolio of wines. The Regional Manager directs and controls the execution of sales and consumer market development plans through distributor network. The manager is also an educator and mentor for all personnel under his position. He must develop and maintain positive relationships with distributors to drive sales performance through pricing and programming. Emphasis is placed on effective distributor management, leadership and interaction with the National team.
Manages entire business within the assigned territories which include:
Western Region: CA, WA, OR, AK, HI, CO, NM, AZ, ID,WY, NV.
Central Region: CO, IL, MN, ND, SD, MO, OK, TX, KS, TN, MI, WI, KY, IA, NE, LA.
Eastern Region: ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, PA, MD, DE, VA, WV, NC, SC, OH, IN, GA, AL, FL.
Responsible for all distributors, budgets, forecasting, depletions, pricing, travel & entertainment, marketing spend, samples and company profitability.
Responsible for Managing, directing and supporting Brand Gerard Bertrand Ambassador based in California.
Promotes the decision process to meet national goals and business forecasts.
Executes annual business plan, by brand and profitability.
Builds relationships with key accounts and works towards opening new accounts on/off premise.
Works closely with national accounts to help build stronger relationships.
Works side by side and monitors sales representatives to achieve the goals that are put into place for success.
Works closely with marketing team and executes all marketing initiatives.
Provides sales training, brand awareness, and development to internal company salesman, distributors and commercial accounts.
Presents, educates and ensures execution of monthly programs.
Develops and reviews annual case goals, company revenue and account sold targets.
Conducts sales meetings and train at the distributor level.
Inspires confidence and gain respect as an effective company spokesman.
Works flexible hours.
Works to ensure that personnel that answer to position, achieve goals that are set upon them.
Responds quickly to all needs set upon by upper management and corporate.
A graduate in business/marketing or related field, you have a minimum of 5 years experience in the wine industry.
- Passionate about French wine, you have a good understanding of the sector and distributor management
- Proven track record of winning new business with top accounts
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage challenging customer relations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Extremely detail orientated
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver strong presentations in an entertaining and educational manner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintain focus on key initiatives.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong business and analytical skills, with aptitude for numbers and spreadsheets.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and maintain a valid CDL.
Frequent travel (both short and long distance)