Flora Springs is a family owned and operated winery with a Tasting Room located on Highway 29 as well as our Estate. The Wine Educator is a high energy role that hosts our guests and members in our Tasting Room. This position is responsible for creating a memorable experience for all guests and is highly motivated to sell them wine and convert them into a wine club member!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this role but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this role at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Highly motivated sales individuals who thrive by providing wine knowledge to guests and are able to convert them into a Wine Club member
• Proven track-record in selling and up-selling wines, wine club memberships, and merchandise by educating all guests in tasting wines and making purchasing decisions, and by modeling exemplary sales techniques for colleagues
• Provide superior guest service and experiences through education on the unique qualities of Flora Springs’ wines and how they stand out and above others
• Be a dynamic team player, working with other sales associates to reach daily, weekly and monthly individual sales goals
• Must have consistent communication with Flora Springs’ Tasting Room Manager
• Collect name capture from 95% of all visitors
• Work at special events when necessary
• Working both behind the bar in the tasting room, as well as, in small or large private groups and on special tours and tastings
• Abide by Responsible Beverage Service Standards, ensuring the safety of our guests and Company
• Possess thorough knowledge of equipment in your department
• Accurately provide and document all pertinent information regarding customer inquiries, billing, shipping, pricing, event information, and job-related functions
• Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
• Open & close the tasting room
• Perform inventory of wines and merchandise with daily stocking as needed
• Ability to be flexible to take on additional hours if needed in the tasting room and change schedules to cover shifts when needed
• Self-motivated with the ability to proactively address issues with minimal supervision
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and basic internet skills & eCellars.
• Achieving and maintaining quality presentation in all public and back of the house areas at all times
• Ensure safety and security throughout the tasting room/winery
• Be professional and hospitable to all guests and employees
Experience and Qualifications:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• 2 yrs. experience in sales, service, and/or hospitality, preferably Wine Industry related
• Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
• Physically able to lift in excess of 50+/- lbs.
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English required. Those with additional language abilities will be preferred.
• Must be 21 years of age to work in the tasting room per California law.
Role: Wine Educator
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Status: Full Time/ Part-Time/ On-Call