The Event Manager is responsible to sell, book, staff, and manage all aspects of the daily event needs at Silverado Vineyards. These events include, but are not limited to, wine club events, private events, distributor events, food and wine pairing program and employee events. The Event Manager must ensure that Silverado Vineyards events and activities are executed properly and in a timely fashion, resulting in the complete satisfaction of the guests attending the event and the management of Silverado Vineyards.
• Plan and execute all winery events being primary contact with event team, clients and vendors.
• Responsible to create event set-up and service paperwork/BEOs for events.
• Secure all necessary staffing, equipment and materials for events using in-house supplies and with vendors and rental companies.
• Pour wines at events, in-house tastings with winemakers, press and/or distributers including procurement of wines and restocking.
• Procure and plate foods and execute formal dining service for some smaller events.
• Procure cheese and charcuterie and set up for smaller events.
• Responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and a complete inventory list of all Silverado event equipment.
• Send confirmations and process payments for all winery events.
• Knowledge of Silverado Vineyards history and all Silverado Vineyards wines for wine service and group tours, when necessary.
• Reserve and confirm tastings and tours for distributor visits and in-house event requests.
• Perform and complete additional assigned duties from management as requested.
This is not an entry level position. This position requires a highly seasoned event person with a proven track record in this field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Fine dining knowledge, including table setting and service, with exceptional customer service skills and a sincere desire to create exceptional event experiences.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Exceptional in-person and phone customer service and complaint resolution skills.
• Ability to stand and walk on hard floors for extended periods of time.
• Ability to move tables and chairs and lift up to and including 55 lbs.
• Ability to operate a dolly/handcart and move cases of wines.
• Refined verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively work with a variety of clients and vendors.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame.
• Ability to maintain a graceful appearance and demeanor at all time and under all circumstances.
• Actively promote a positive atmosphere and culture of excellence through teamwork, job knowledge, work ethic and flexibility.
• Valid driver’s license and able to be insured by our auto insurance carrier.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 5-years’ experience/education in wine or hospitality service industry or directly related business field.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and ability to quickly learn new systems. Must have knowledge and familiarity with POS systems (Wine Direct preferred).
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and key responsibilities of this position. Work conditions in certain areas of the vineyard, winery, and Tasting Room are cold, wet, slippery and/or noisy.
Frequent walking, including over uneven ground and climbing up and down stairs are required. Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, bend, lift, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as needed, sometimes for extended periods, and to occasionally lift and carry heavy items up to 55 pounds.
Wednesday, May 16th
Type of Work:
DTC-Reports to the Director of DTC