Under general guidance, will provide complex administrative and executive support and project coordination to meet executive and corporate goals
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: - The job description reflects management's assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Utilize excellent communication and organizational skills to promote the department image within the company
• Research and define work methods for assigned projects; select key data, information and work methods to accomplish tasks and meet changing conditions
• Develop process and procedures to assist in coordinating information, projects, and tasks to create an effective work environment to ensure the department’s success
• Participate in departmental administrative decision making; establish, implement, and enforce office policies and procedures
• Accomplish special projects as assigned with exceptional attention to details and timelines
• Review, reconcile, and monitor monthly department expenses; coordinate collection and preparation of budget expenditures for supervisor review; assist with planning, development, and management of annual department budget
• Provide administrative management of the area and office coordination including resolving issues related to the day-to-day operations of the area and maintenance of administrative services provided by external vendors
• Coordinate CEO’s schedule and calendar for meetings, conferences, and travel
• Plan and prepare CEO’s travel arrangements and itinerary for conferences, meetings, and facility visits. Complete expense reports as required upon completion of travel
• Facilitate communication between the CEO’s office, executive staff, and internal personnel at all levels, and any vendors or customers
• Prepare memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to department supervisory workers
• Prepare correspondence on behalf of the CEO’s office as required
• Follow up to ensure that decisions are implemented and appropriate parties are notified of policy changes or enhancements
• Attend meetings, seminars, or other business conferences to take notes or furnish information as needed, as well as present on special projects
• Manage and acquire approval for incoming documents, including maintaining approval process, and forwarding documents as required to appropriate parties
• Plan, coordinate, and manage offsite departmental meetings; distribute materials in preparation for meeting and disseminate meeting minutes upon conclusion of meeting
• Arrange and coordinate monthly department meetings, including monthly/weekly meetings with CEO’s direct reports
• Receive visits or calls regarding issues which may be resolved or referred to proper person for resolution.
• Provide administrative procedural training to, and act as a resource for, new or lower level Administrative Assistants in the area
• Initiate or suggest plans to maximize use of resources and/or take corrective action to resolve errors
• Ensure that area equipment is operating safely and notify responsible person to make changes in order to maintain a safe area
• Monitor department safety procedures to ensure compliance with company procedures
• Set a good example for all employees in performance, attendance, dress, and professionalism
• Manage special projects that may be cross-departmental in scope.
• Perform admin duties as required, including preparing correspondence, filing, faxing and copying.
• Maintain department procedure books and records.
• Analyze and resolve work problems and assist department staff in solving work problems.
• Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
• Act as spokesperson for CEO/ President as directed.
• Other projects as directed.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university; and six years experience working with executive level management; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Prior experience coordinating and directing the work of others is desired
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described functions.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and customers
• Ability to interact with diverse personalities and cultures
Ability to demonstrate proficient skills in use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation, and legal office practices and procedures
• Knowledge of department operations and objectives and overall knowledge of other departments
• Skill in demonstrating a professional phone manner
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
• Analyze, develop, establish, and maintain efficient office work flow and administrative processes
• Gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
• Demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership, and reasoning skills
• Demonstrate advanced skills in organization and to conduct extensive planning requiring a significant amount of time