AWDirect is a forward thinking wine import/production/distribution organization that creates a dynamic custom label product, delivering extreme value to our customer. We are a business that is fueled by entrepreneurialism, scaled by technology, and mastered by our people. This approach is our guideline for success and is integrated into the fabric of our people, culture, and workplace. We are an organization that is bonded by a shared belief in the relentless search for the right juice, packaging and price points that transforms our customer's belief in our ability to meet their needs.
Located in Santa Rosa, CA, we are seeking a Production Winemaker who will source bulk wine internationally, and assist in all winemaking operations and coordinate/review activities at the Winery, Cellar, and off-site Production Facilities.
• Negotiate both spot market and long term bulk wine contracts
• Match the needs of our clients (internal and external) with the available supply options from a diverse range of producers
• Provide reliable guidance as supply and demand patterns change
• Source, evaluate, develop and maintain profitable international bulk wine sources
• Maintain adequate sample inventory
• Oversee cellar, any off-site utilization, and wine processing for our production bottling line.
• Coordinate shipping and receiving bulk wine for winemaking team. Monitor contracted winemaking as needed.
• Coordinate Alternating Premise and contracted clients.
• Assist winemakers with wine blends, storage and stabilization.
• Supervise QC, Lab, and cellar staff, advance winery capabilities and mentor staff.
• Oversee work orders, database, inventory, TTB compliance and reporting, and ISO for internal and Alternating Premise accounts.
• Assist with continued improvements to internal processes and flow of information.
• Assist in the preparation of short and long-term production plans, grape and bulk wine inventory requirements, bulk and grape contracts.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Research and resolve or address issues relating to wine blending, cellar and/or wine production.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Requires excellent time management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Bachelors Degree in Enology, Viticulture, Fermentation Science or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
• 5+ years wine production experience.
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
• Excellent knowledge of International wines and wine regions
• 3-5 years of wine or commodity purchasing experience
• Good knowledge of grape/wine value relative to region or origin
• Management and knowledge of bottling production scheduling and process.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of Navision based production database, Word Processing, Spreadsheet and email applications.
• Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
AWDirect offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Environment.
To be considered for this position, please respond with a cover letter and resume.