Love wine? Looking for a place to flex your enlightened customer service muscle? Wine Access is leading the online revolution in direct-to-consumer fine wine e-commerce. We have set ourselves apart from the competition with our relentless standards of quality for the wines we sell, and an irrational commitment to connecting our members with the unique, passionate and personal stories of the winemakers we work with. Our unwavering focus on thoughtful and intelligent customer service helps us drive intense member loyalty. Backed by top-tier investor, Norwest Venture Partners, we’re currently in a period of exciting development and working to bring the wine world’s best kept secret to everyone in America.
We’re looking for driven and hospitality-focused individuals to be founding members of our Napa based service team. Your deep sense of empathy and ability to think on your feet will enable you to provide genuine, personalized and thoughtful customer service in a lean and fast-paced environment. Your thirst for wine knowledge and passion for travel will help you to connect with members when discussing the wines we offer and the places from which they come. Communicating with our members via both phone and email (with more channels on the way!), you will be empowered to solve problems in a way that creates satisfied and loyal customers. Your day to day interactions with our members will allow you to provide feedback that will drive meaningful change and exciting developments in the company.
Selling wine is a complex but rewarding business, and we are looking for people who are flexible, engaged and capable, with the desire to work within a growing successful company.
At Wine Access you will:
- Communicate with members on a daily basis by phone and email
- Help members navigate the site and field any questions they have regarding Wine Access
- Assist members with order management and shipping logistics
- Provide guidance on wine selections and field wine inquiries
- Assist in proactive reachouts to engage members
- Be on the frontline of member feedback to drive meaningful change on the site
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Deep and genuine sense of empathy and enthusiasm for customer service
- Analytical problem solver with the ability to think outside the box
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Must possess a positive, can-do, enthusiastic outlook
- Basic knowledge of wine and/or a genuine interest in learning about it
- Ability to stay cool under pressure and an enjoyment of rising to the challenge of a high-touch service interaction
- Passion or interest in travel and learning
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the customer service or hospitality industry is preferred, but not required
- Must be extremely comfortable with basic computer skills (e.g. touch typing speed should be strong to excellent, proficiency in MS Office)
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits--including medical, dental, paid time off, and wine!