Apolloni Vineyards is looking for a partner to collaborate with the leadership team on the day to day operations of the tasting room. The ideal candidate will demonstrate service leadership, be very organized, enjoy working with the public and a passion for wine. This is a great opportunity to continue to help Apolloni Vineyards grow through hard work and dedication.
As the Tasting Room Lead, you will be the “director of hospitality” for our busiest times of the week, Thursday – Monday. This position will report directly to the Direct to Consumer Sales & Marketing Manager and collaborate on events, tasting room operations, meeting retail sales goals and coaching the tasting room team.
• Provide high touch customer service to all guests. Lead the tasting room associate team by example and coach accordingly to ensure all guests have an excellent experience.
• Carry out day to day operations of the tasting room including but not limited to preparing the tasting room, inventory management, order management, closing and opening procedures as well as projects as needed.
• Maintain wine knowledge within Apolloni Vineyards, Oregon and the North Willamette Valley. Promote and encourage continuous education within the team.
• Execution of event plans for winery events including but not limited to cellar club, private and community events.
• Two years customer facing tasting room experience required. Operations or team management experience preferred.
• Ability to execute a large amount of tasks in a busy, customer service environment.
• Strong listening skills and a service heart.
• High energy, professional interpersonal communication.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs, stand regularly for 8+ hours per day.
• Current OLCC permit and Food handlers card.
Competitive salary, benefits and incentive program available for full time candidates as well as employee discounts on wine.
Tradition, Italian, and Family: these are the foundation of Apolloni Vineyards and its winemaking. Alfredo and his wife Laurine purchased Apolloni Vineyards in 1999, when the 62-acre property had five acres of vineyard planted, relocating from the Midwest. This was precipitated by the birth of their son, Adolfo, and Alfredo’s desire for his children to grow up on a vineyard – a reflection of his own wonderful experience from his youth. The family has since purchased a nearby 30-acre site, developing 40 additional vineyard acres from 1999 to the present.