As an integral member of the Research & Development unit of Operations Technical Services, the Director of R&D Process Development will be responsible for designing and coordinating appropriate scale-up processes to take R&D results from the bench into operational use via management and execution of pertinent projects (organization, planning, execution, control and evaluation). This will require leading and coordinating across cross-functional teams (e.g., Engineering, Winemaking, Polyphenolics) and directing team members as necessary to achieve desired results. In addition, the Director will assist the Operations Division in identifying and investigating new and improved technologies in support of Operation's long-term strategies and cost savings programs.
The Director will interface with Engineering Services and Winemaking to coordinate project scope and ensure no duplication of efforts. Projects will focus primarily on scaling up R&D deliverables for internal utilization or commercial sale with the goal of driving cash savings, product quality improvement and/or revenue.
* Working with Directors, R&D, identifies, develops and leads strategic R&D scale-up projects - coordinating process, technology, and people aspects both within and external to the organization.
* Accountable for leading and supporting the development and scale-up implementation of processes for new products and changes to existing products, designing, developing and managing scale up of new R&D materials, processes, or formulations that translate to full scale production and provide competitive advantage to CBI.
* Leads the development of overall project scope, establishes protocols for cataloguing, triaging, and executing targeted opportunities, and ensures that objectives and approaches are definite and documented.
* Leads project teams representing cross functional units as required for successful completion of the project. Identifies and "recruits" team members as necessary and assigns, coordinates and reviews work assigned to project team members.
* Defines and develops project business case and coordinates with Operations Finance on financial analyses, working within the R&D stage gate process.
* Leads the investigation, development and implementation of process improvements and new technologies to optimize performance and provide for competitive advantage, increased profitability, and/or enhanced quality and safety.
* Stays up to date with latest wine, food and beverage industry operational related trends, practices, and technologies.
* Completes additional assignments as required by senior management.
* Promotes workforce development through participation in professional organizations and continuing education programs.
* Degree in Chemistry, Engineering or similar Technical discipline
* 10 + years related experience and/or training as a process engineer
* Experience in Project Management
* Masters of Science in Chemistry, Engineering or similar Technical discipline
* Knowledge of beverage alcohol industry preferred.
* Results driven, detail oriented with strong analytical capabilities.
* Self-motivated - able to set priorities and implement decisions to meet deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to work and communicate effectively cross-functionally with multiple groups to obtain consensus.
* Leadership ability
* Demonstrated ability to influence others, build business partners, to reduce risk, accelerate results, and generate value.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
* Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Work on a computer for lengthy periods of time. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Travel Required: up to 40%
Viticulture & Winemaking
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).