WhistlePig Rye Whiskey is looking for someone who is passionate about the Resurgence of Rye Whiskey.
Start Date: June 1, 2018
Position: Steward of the Brand, Northern California (based in San Francisco/ Bay Area)
The Steward of the Brand serves as the face and voice of the company in our most important markets across the country. At its simplest, the Steward engages consumers, accounts, and distributors to establish key relationships and build awareness of and interest in the WhistlePig brand. A cross between traditional brand ambassador and regional business manager, a WhistlePig Steward is expected to think strategically and creatively to achieve specific sales and brand goals week to week, month to month, and year to year.
• Promote, market, and place WhistlePig in top on and off-premise accounts across their region, creating rapid brand sales growth
• Educate consumers, servers, bartenders, and distributors on every aspect of WhistlePig and its whiskies
• Build relationships with top accounts and industry leaders, improving the brand perception and keeping WhistlePig in the forefront of their minds
• Engage, manage, and motivate WhistlePig’s distributor partners better than any other supplier
• Organize and host captivating consumer and industry events
• Execute company sales programs to increase WhistlePig’s market penetration
• Continually contribute new ideas and vitality to the sales team
The ideal candidate for this position:
• Must live in San Francisco/ Bay Area
• Be extremely personable, outgoing, organized, creative, and highly motivated
• Must have strong academic background, solid computer skills, writing and communication skills
• Be able to excel at working independently with minimal oversight
• Maintain a high level of professionalism in social environments
• Be well versed in spirits, craft production, and/or the food and beverage industry
Accepted applicants will begin at WhistlePig Farm in June, 2018 to participate in a week long sales training program, during which they will receive training on the brand and Steward responsibilities. Additionally, candidates will be given other responsibilities and tasks to help familiarize them with all aspects of WhistlePig’s business, brand, and culture.
Upon successful completion of the training program, the new hire will return to the target market and work alongside WhistlePig’s Sales Manager to expand the brand’s presence and achieve annual sales goals.
Compensation: Full-time salaried position with performance based bonuses and commissions; company supported health, dental, and 401k plans available
Qualified applicants should apply below and MUST submit a cover letter and resume.
In their cover letter, applicants should answer the following questions:
• Why WhistlePig?
• What impact do you intend to have on the company?
• What are your mid-term and long-term goals, both personally and professionally?
base salary plus bonuses, medical, dental, 401K