The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery.
Under the direction of the Hospitality and Event Manager, the Hospitality Runner is responsible for event set up, breakdown, hospitality inventory management and more. Additionally, this position is responsible for assisting with other duties in the Hospitality Department. This is a part-time position with 20-25 hours per week, with the potential of being up to 30 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Set tables, chairs, linens, wine glasses etc. for events per BEO provided by events team
* Pull wine and other event supplies in preparation for event
* Breakdown and clean up event spaces upon event conclusion
* Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times
* Track Hospitality supplies inventory, receive and store supplies
* Maintains and keeps storage areas orderly
* Assist with execution of events which include pouring wine, greeting guests, adhering to event timeline
* Close up and secure venue concluding event
* Maintains service stations in a clean and orderly fashion throughout shift
* Assist in routine cleaning of indoor and outdoor event spaces, and ensure areas are presentable for our patrons
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast pace environment
* Must be flexible in working weekend/special events
* At least one (1) year experience in hospitality industry, preferably in a tasting room, event or restaurant capacity
* Customer service experience preferred
* Must have ability to be ServSafe certified
* Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
* Must have interest for wine
* Demonstrate reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting banquet tables and cases of wine
* Must be able to travel between facilities
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
See Job Description