The Event Coordinator is responsible to oversee the daily event needs at Domaine Carneros, as a full-time member of the Event Team. These events include, but are not limited to, wine club events, private events, distributor events, food and wine pairing program and employee events. The Event Coordinator must ensure that Domaine Carneros events and activities are executed properly and in a timely fashion, resulting in the complete satisfaction of the guests attending the event and the management of Domaine Carneros.
• Plan and execute all winery events being primary contact with event team, clients and vendors.
• Responsible to create Event Set-Up and Service paperwork/BEOs for events.
• Secure all necessary staffing, equipment and materials for events using in-house supplies and with vendors and rental companies.
• Pour wines at events, in-house tastings with winemakers, press and/or distributers including procurement of wines and restocking.
• Procure and plate foods and execute formal dining service for some smaller events.
• Procure foods and set food buffets for some smaller events.
• Responsible for Event Recap Form with overview of event for archival records.
Food and Wine Pairing Program
• Procure food items from caterer, plate and present food and assist in cleanup for food and wine pairing program, when available.
• Responsible for food and wine pairing table settings and inventory of plates, utensils, placemats and other items associated with this program.
• Conduct food and wine program when needed.
• Responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and inventory list of all Domaine Carneros event equipment.
• Send confirmations and process payments for all wine club events.
• Knowledge of Domaine Carneros history and all Domaine Carneros wines for wine service and group tours, when necessary.
• Reserve and confirm tastings and tours for distributer visit.
• Represent winery at outside functions by pouring wines, when needed.
• Assist with the sales, contracting and confirmation for daytime group tours and tastings using company’s reservation system as often as needed.
• Assist with individual reservations using company’s reservation system as often as needed.
• Perform and complete additional assigned duties from management as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function from the list above satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Fine dining knowledge, including table setting and service, with exceptional customer service skills and a sincere desire to create exceptional event experiences.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays and occasional overtime based on business needs.
• Exceptional in-person and phone customer service and complaint resolution skills.
• Ability to work with RestaurantConnect reservation system for event and group reservations.
• Ability to stand and walk on hard floors for extended periods of time.
• Ability to move tables and chairs and lift up to and including 45 lbs.
• Ability to operate a dolly/handcart and move cases of wines.
• Refined verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively work with a variety of clients and vendors.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame.
• Ability to maintain a graceful appearance and demeanor at all time and under all circumstances.
• Actively promote a positive atmosphere and culture of excellence through teamwork, job knowledge, work ethic and flexibility.
• Valid driver’s license and able to be insured by our auto insurance carrier.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Primarily a Monday through Friday position with some evenings, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 5-years experience/education in wine or hospitality service industry or directly related business field.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and ability to quickly learn new systems.
• Ability to operate a cash register.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and key responsibilities of this position. Work conditions in certain areas of the vineyard, winery, and Visitor Center are cold, wet, slippery and/or noisy.
Frequent walking, including over uneven ground and climbing up and down stairs and ladders are required. Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders, bend, lift, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as needed, sometimes for extended periods, and to occasionally lift and carry heavy items up to 50 pounds (may be aided).