Trattore Farms is a picturesque winery that focuses on the production of high quality Wines. We make primarily Estate Rhone Varietals (Viognier, Marsanne, Roussanne, Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvèdre) along with a little Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, and Pinot Noir. I am looking for a passionate candidate to join me both in the cellar and in the vineyard in the pursuit of crafting excellent wines.
This position provides direct support to the winemaker and manages most of our day-to-day wine production activities. This position is responsible for maintaining wine quality, all cellar work, facility cleanliness, and the upkeep of lab and cellar equipment and supplies. Given the small size of our team, this person will get to be a crucial part of every facet of winemaking from vineyard monitoring to bottling and everything in between. The candidate must be willing and available to assist on any project deemed necessary by the Winemaker and must excel in working both individually and as a member of a very small but passionate team.
Duties Include, but are not Limited to:
- Managing the day to day cellar and winemaking activities
- Maintaining cellar organization and cleanliness
- Learning our Lab Procedures and Running Routine Analysis
- Organizing, preparing and participating in Blending Trials
- Topping and Wine Maintenance
- Participating in, recommending, and organizing research projects
- Assisting with all facets of bottling
- Regular vineyard visits with the winemaker
- Being a key reliable member of a small Crush team
- Participating in additional tasks as needed by Winemaker and Winery Management
-Keen attention to detail and strong drive to make excellent wines is a must
-BS in Fermentation Science or related science field preferred
-2-4 years in luxury wine production preferred
-Strong desire to continue to learn and always improve
-Strong mechanical aptitude
-Ability to multitask
-Ability to lift heavy items (up to 50 lbs)
-Position includes extensive sitting, standing, walking
-Willingness to work long hours during Harvest
Title and salary will be commensurate with experience.