Come work and play in one of the most scenic and fun locations in the world! Continental Divide Winery (CDW) is a luxury, direct to consumer winery with a focus on producing premium wines from Colorado grown grapes at our production facility in Fairplay, Colorado. We have a primary tasting room in Breckenridge Colorado and secondary tasting room in Fairplay. Our location affords the successful candidate the opportunity to work and live in the Colorado high country, close to world renowned skiing and hiking trails. We expect to crush about 36 tons in 2018 and 40+ tons in 2019.
We are seeking a motivated, hardworking, and detail oriented winemaker. The successful candidate will work with a small winemaking team on all aspects of winery operations and will also interact with customers in the TR. Our winery has a strong emphasis on hospitality with a tasting room that overlooks the production area, underlining the importance of maintaining a clean, well-organized and presentable facility. We are also focused on science, research, sustainability, and innovative winemaking. We welcome feedback from all team members, as we are always looking for more efficient and effective practices. This is especially true in terms of barrel room management and work flow organization. Given the culture of CDW, this position is the perfect opportunity for someone who has exceptional interpersonal skills, is well organized, and is able to think outside the box. This position reports directly to the owners.
We need a minimum 2 year commitment. This position will be filled as a full-time salaried position (salary depends on experience) if the successful candidate is willing to make a minimum two year commitment.
• 1-2 years’ experience in wine production.
• College degree in relevant area (e.g., oenology, chemistry, biology) a plus
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal/hospitality skills.
Maintains the highest standards for cleanliness while always working to create a professional and organized presentation of the winery.
• Insures that all work is done properly and documented completely.
• Facilitate an environment of open communication between all members of the CDW team
• Operate all winery machinery safely and effectively.
• Maintains the winery and winemaking equipment in an organized, like new condition.
• Specific tasks include:
o Forklift Operations
o Crushing and pressing
o Fermentation monitoring
o Pump-overs, racking, punch-down, and must additions
o Barrel and tank work (e.g., filling, emptying, topping, cleaning and empty barrel maintenance).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / OTHER:
• Ability and desire to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Team player with a can-do attitude and ability to work on feet for 8 hours, lift and move objects up to 50 pounds, and at times wine barrels weighing up to 100 pounds with the help of others – all at > 10,000 feet altitude. :)
• At least 21 years of age
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to identify differences in wine sensory characteristics by sight, smell, and taste.
• Forklift experience.
If you would like to join us in making great wines, please contact us.