Clos du Bois Winery in Geyserville, CA is seeking a Production Intern who wants to participate in hands on learning in the wine industry. Interns may have the opportunity visit a vineyard, participate in tastings, and/or visit a sister winery within Constellation Brands' portfolio.
How does a Production Intern Assist in the Winemaking Process?
Work side by side with cellar staff in grape and wine processing and finishing operations. Assists in crushing, fermentation, blending, barrel aging, finishing and storage of all products produced at the winery.
A Production Internship at Constellation Brands May Include the Following Tasks:
* Clean, sanitize and sterilize equipment, apply general housekeeping practices, carry out Reductive Handling/Non-Oxidative techniques, carry out the Sluicing process and measure and calculate routine workplace data.
* Carry out product transfer operations, operate the red fermenter pump over system, carry out bulk wine shipping and receiving operations, operate the rotary fermenter, prepare and make additives and finings and fill SO2 cylinders.
* Assist with operating non-ammonia chilling and warming equipment.
* Perform fermentation support operations.
* Apply correct wine sampling techniques and assist with tracking and wine quality.
* Carry out inert gas handling in transfer processes.
* May assist with operating the crush equipment.
* May work with lab personnel to test samples and track daily routine analysis on wines and juices.
* Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
* Field of Study: Enology or related field (required).
* Some production experience in cellar, operations, processing or related is preferred, but not required.
* Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
* Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision when required
* Good communication skills - oral and written
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb stairs, stand and walk for extended periods of time
* Perform strenuous tasks indoors and outdoors in all types of weather
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).