Visitor Center Sales and Service
* Promote and sell wines and merchandise by assisting and educating guests in tasting wines and making purchasing decisions.
* Share knowledge about all wines and merchandise in an open and friendly manner with the goal of helping customers develop enthusiasm and appreciation of our wines.
* Promote membership in wine club as applicable.
* Greet all guests promptly and graciously and provide knowledgeable, consistent and courteous responses to questions, complaints and/or problems. Insure that all problems are resolved to the customer's satisfaction. Refer to management as appropriate.
* Fulfill customer orders and use cash register to complete sales. Properly operate cash registers and accurately follow transaction procedures.
* Assist guests with transporting purchases to their vehicle or arrange for pick-up, shipment or delivery.
* Insure that merchandise displays and tasting bar are kept in immaculate condition.
* Setup tasting bar with necessary supplies. Wash tasting glasses and assist with other cleanup as needed.
* Serve cheese plates or other food pairings as ordered by guests, following all appropriate food handling procedures.
* Record tasting wines used. Make sure empty bottles are put in appropriate holding area.
* Assist in training and orientation for new and/or on-call staff.
* Responsible for compliance with CWUS sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
* Safety-follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety
Tours and Wine Education (may apply)
* Conduct daily public tours, reserved group and private tours, and tours for trade as scheduled.
* Host specialty programs, lunches or dinner as assigned.
* Promote and represent winery by pouring at off and on-premise special events.
* Maintain, update and expand knowledge of the winery, viticulture, enology and food by participating in educational training, seminars and tastings within the Winery and through outside sources.
Opening and Closing Procedures and Financial Responsibilities (may apply)
* Perform and/or oversee daily cash reconciliation and opening/close of day responsibilities on cash register with RMS POS system.
Inventory Support (may apply)
* Insure merchandise is tagged, fold clothing as needed, and assist in keeping stockroom neat and organized.
* May assist with quarterly wine or merchandise physical inventories
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a genuine desire to help customers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. Ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines and to multi-task effectively. Professional phone and email skills with a strong team-oriented work ethic.
* Knowledge of wines, wine production and the wine industry.
* 4-6 years' experience in a high-volume, luxury retail, restaurant or hospitality environment.
* Proficient with PC software including: Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Intermediate math skills
* Foreign language skills a definite plus
* High School diploma/GED
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Must be able sit and/or stand for long periods of time, and work on a computer for extended periods.
* Must be able to work both inside and outside in varied weather conditions.
* Ability to lift up to 55 lbs regularly.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
St. Helena, California
Hospitality & Retail
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).