Young's Market Company, one of the largest wine and spirits distributors in the western United States, is looking for an Account Manager to join our Estates Group team. The Account Manager of The Estates Group will maximize the sale of client brands to high image wine accounts through effective account management, selling execution, and communication resulting in the achievement of company and client objectives.
• Effectively execute distribution and volume through wine lists, wine-by-the-glass, catering, banquets, special events, and other opportunities.
• Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and client established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts.
• Conduct staff training and education in all assigned accounts.
• Identify opportunities, develop and implement ‘Account Action Plans’.
• Develop monthly, weekly and daily written plans for execution.
• Create customer business building concepts to increase company share and volume.
• Work collaboratively with client/winery personnel to develop wine product knowledge, assist with wine presentations and activate account action plans.
• Obtain company and client quotas and revenue growth.
• Sell concepts and consult with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
• Build relationships and an effective partnership with the ultimate decision maker in assigned accounts.
• Utilize pricing and promotion strategies, marketing opportunities, servicing, merchandising and category management skills.
• Communicate issues, opportunities and market intelligence through effective written, electronic and verbal means.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university in related field or equivalent experience.
3 to 5 years of sales experience in the wine industry.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position will require the ability to read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position will also require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. This position will further require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position will require the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. This position will also require the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, and ratios to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position will also require the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position will also require the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CSW certification or will ultimately obtain certification
Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to enhance wine and spirit sales within an account.
Proven track record of successful selling.
Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
Key attributes (IE: entrepreneurial self starter, ambitious personality, accountable and action oriented, etc.)
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of specific customer’s business operations and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization’s products and services to each. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of specific products and associated development process and strategy.