“We have yet to make our best bottle of wine.” This philosophy of constant improvement at Silver Oak and Twomey applies to everyone and everything we do, from grape to glass, production to sales and marketing. We live and breathe a company culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, positive thinking, collaboration, going above and beyond, education, safety and a sense of curiosity. Working at Silver Oak and Twomey comes with many benefits, but none as great as coming to work and feeling valued as a member of the family. Full time employment offers a competitive benefit and healthcare package; and of course, the wine country lifestyle!
Who are we looking for? Someone who is passionate, self-motivated, trustworthy, customer-focused and ready to work hard for an amazing company!
Silver Oak & Twomey Cellars is recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to join our Wholesale team. : Silver Oak and Twomey sell winery direct to the trade in the state of CA. The San Francisco Regional Sales Manager (RSM) position will further develop, retain, service clients and meet sales goals within the San Francisco territory.
Field Work (80%)
• Maintains and nurtures existing client relationships while developing new business to meet specified distribution and sales goals.
• Collaborates closely with sales management and RSM peers to achieve state revenue goals and qualitative sales KPI’s.
• Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
• Prepares and presents sales proposals face to face.
• Manages and prospects all qualified accounts in designated geographic sales territory.
• Understands and effectively communicates company products, services and policies and procedures to new and existing clients.
• Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of the wine industry and winery product information.
• Continually gathers information on local competition and prevalent industry and business climate within the region; communicates information to management and others as needed.
• Plans, facilitates or attend trade events that impact business unit.
Administrative Work (20%)
• Ensures that all required paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on time.
• Records all client meetings and correspondence in CRM database.
• Manage and forecast sales and budgets and meet quarterly sales targets.
• Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
• Analyze sales information to implement Silver Oak and Twomey brand strategies and objectives.
• Optimizes use of resources provided by the winery adhering to high standard of integrity.
• Attends and participates in team strategic sales meetings and conference calls.
• Maintain regular communications with sales support team and sales management.
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, five years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven track record of success and existing relationships with key on accounts in San Francisco market highly preferred.
• Understanding of luxury brand positioning.
• Must reside within the territory.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and computer literate.
• Must be a self-starter and be committed to excellence and high standards.
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent problem resolution and consultative sales skills.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and/or committees.
• Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to perform quantitative analysis, prepare reports and business correspondence.
• Strong organizational skills, versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
• Understand and respond to a diverse population.
• Lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, including a briefcase and/or sales materials.
• Often work in the evenings and on weekends.
• Extensive driving within territory; travel is required by car. A clean DMV record is required.
• Maintains home office to fulfill administrative responsibilities.
• Extensive travel in territory, to company meetings throughout CA and other markets as assigned.
• Workweek hours vary and include weekends and evenings on a regular basis.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.