Position Summary: The Regional Director of Sales has responsibility for overseeing sales and marketing of Boisset wines within an assigned geographic region. Size of region may vary depending on population and demographics. Duties include setting regional sales goals; coordinating product pricing and placement; managing promotional and pricing spend budgets: analyzing profit margins; interacting with the wholesale distributors on many levels; interacting with principals from key accounts; representing Boisset Collection at trade events; assisting with compliance and regulatory issues; and other tasks as needed for the promotion and sale of Boisset brands. Can include supervision of district sales managers or other sales team members.
• Coordinate regional sales activities for Boisset brands to include: setting sales goals and communicating those goals to the regional wholesalers, monitoring and adjusting pricing as needed, managing inventory, tracking depletions, and creating profit/loss analysis for individual brands.
• Attend regional distributor meetings, at general and team levels, to provide pricing & programming information, communicate sales goals, provide product information, and encourage goal achievement.
• Closely monitor and record sales within territory; create and analyze sales reports from data as needed. Utilize sales data to develop, implement and evaluate sales promotion activities to increase sales and/or profits, or to periodically regulate sales to prevent marketplace shortages.
• Communicate regularly with National Sales Manager regarding regional conditions and current sales levels. Prepare regional reports and other data as requested and on deadline.
• Work closely with Marketing Team regarding regional promotions and/or incentives, new product introductions, packaging and label changes, and all other marketing related activities.
• Adhere to annual budgets: travel and entertainment, promotional items and activities; distributor incentives; trade incentives; office expenses, and all other regional expenses.
• Maintain expense account records and submit all receipts and reimbursements on schedule, as determined by the company accounting department.
• Develop, post and maintain monthly work schedules listing daily locations and planned activities; update daily and/or weekly as needed.
• Monitor local, state, and federal alcoholic beverage regulations and assist in keeping winery compliant and current with all such regulations.
• Complete other special projects, reports, and/or events as needs arise and as requested by either the winery President or National Sales Manager.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet. Ability calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, and percentages.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess intermediate computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, basic database activity, graphic arts and/or publishing.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; and 5 to 10 years related experience or training with a proven track record of goal attainment and budget management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Moderate physical activity performing occasional somewhat strenuous activities including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 40 lbs. in weight. Clear vision (close and distant) and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone, office, and group conversation.
• Well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Minimal noise level typical of business office: computers, printers, telephones, light traffic. Includes periods in autos, airplanes, retail, restaurant, entertainment venues, and/or lodging facilities.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends and/or periodic evenings depending on sales activities.
Position includes daily regional travel and can include extensive overnight travel and/or travel by auto or air.
Competitive compensation package and full benefits offered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Please apply online at link @ boissetcollection.com/employment or email email@example.com
North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015 and 2016.