What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a Sales Consultant to join our Henry Wine Group operations in the Los Angeles, California marketplace. The Henry Wine Group is a leading statewide distributor of premium wines and craft spirits. We are specialists and pride ourselves on the quality of our relationships, from the carefully selected wine and spirit suppliers we exclusively represent, to those with our partners in the restaurant and retail trade. Our sales teams are passionate and deeply educated and we back up their efforts with top level delivery service from our temperature controlled fleet. Our business is expanding rapidly and we are seeking like-minded professionals to join us on our mission of being the state's leading distributor of fine wines and craft sprits.
As a result of our growth, we are looking for Sales Consultants throughout our California marketplaces. The ideal candidate for these positions will:
• Develop an effective marketing and sales plan in order to maximize wine and spirit sales and achieve goals within established and new customers
• Solicit sales in assigned market to achieve objectives through evaluation of new business opportunities and voids in accounts.
• Ensure the development and growth of existing accounts through increasing their overall dollar volume and representation of the company's portfolio.
• Introduce/roll-out new products and implement promotions in assigned accounts.
• Prospect for and open new accounts within regional territory.
• Monitor sales growth, account penetration and performance to goals and budgets through the active use of sales reporting tools.
• Work diligently to achieve assigned goals and objectives, including sales budgets, incentives and brand programming, in a timely manner.
• Develop strong account relationships by identifying and fulfilling customer needs and maintaining routine contact with key decision makers.
• Merchandise retail accounts, utilize POS and display materials; request and maintain the best possible positioning of wines in accounts including floor displays and by-the-glass/cocktail placements
• Provide to accounts educational programs, materials and services such as staff training whenever possible.
• Responsible for communicating directly with Customer Service department any specific ordering or shipping needs indicated by customers within their territory.
• Work closely with accounts receivable department to resolve any billing issues within their designated territory; ensure accounts provide timely payment of amounts due
• Continue to build deep wine and spirits knowledge, specifically regarding the company's portfolio, and ability to educate customers on the portfolio; participate in The Winebow Group educational programs
• Represent The Winebow Group in a
What Are the Requirements?
• Self-motivated, results-oriented individual
• Demonstrated wine and spirits knowledge
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
• Two years marketing or sales experience.
• Restaurant/Wine Shop experience preferred.
• Demonstrated computer knowledge.
• Strong communication and math skills - written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 40 lbs.
• Valid driver's license.
Experience Level Required: None
Education Level Required: Associate's Degree