About the Company
Penrose Hill supplies and runs a direct-to-consumer nationally recognized wine club. The wine team, based in California and New York, sources and produces over 250,000 cases of wine annually for distribution to our wine club as well as other channels. Only 3 years old, Penrose has more than doubled each year of operation and is continuing to track an aggressive expansion trajectory. We source from all over the world to bring our customers a diverse and exceptional array of wine.
About the Role
Penrose Hill is growing, and we’re looking for a passionate, organized, and resourceful candidate to join our team. The role will involve coordinating the movement of wine internationally via overseas shipping and domestically with trucking. Careful organization and planning is crucial. Additionally, the role will order and track dry goods for production. The Production Planner is a key support role within the Penrose Hill production team. The position reports directly to the Winemaker but will also be assisting other managers in the areas of but not limited to; sourcing, winemaking, production and design.
We are expanding our team of gritty, dedicated and resourceful wine lovers, logistic gurus and tech wizards. Be prepared to think creatively and problem solve, work through complex challenges individually as well as collaborating with your colleagues. If you are ready to roll up your sleeves and join a fast-moving, quickly growing company, we’d love to hear from you.
Duties Include, but are not limited to
• Scheduling all wine movements, including international shipping and domestic trucking.
• Tracking location and volume of all wine in the production pipeline.
• Ordering and receiving of dry goods.
• Monthly on-hand inventory reporting of all dry goods and winemaking supplies.
• Availability to attend bottlings, do QC of wine production.
• Familiarity with winemaking/production software, a plus, but not mandatory.
• 3 years’ experience in a winery enviroment
• Strong and effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Possess and understand basic wine knowledge in a global context from vineyard to bottle.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task when necessary.
• Ability to learn and speak in depth about wine, wine making, wine history and grape growing practices
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds