Vintage Wine Estates is a collection of vintner family-owned winery estates and brands based in Santa Rosa, California. We are an industry leader across all sales channels and dedicated to providing wine consumers with a range of wine selections from $10 to $150 dollars. Vintage Wine Estates is a dynamic, growing organization seeking Bottling Line Operators to join our team. We are looking to hire applicants for multiple positions and multiple shifts (day shift, swing shift & graveyard). Customer service is central in our culture, with focus on both our external and our internal customers. We value individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy working with a professional, results-driven team in a collaborative environment.
Under general supervision, the Bottling Line Operator performs all assigned work functions within the Bottling Department. Must be able to rotate between forklift, uncasing / stacking, foiling, hand/machine packing, Quality inspection, bottling line rework / reconditioning and general line cleanup.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Uncasing Station: Place cases of glass onto case conveyor, confirm that glass / carton is correct, monitor uncasing unit
• Filler Room: Monitors the filling and corking operation; provides checks to ensure that fill levels and screw cap applications are correct, cork vacuum is correct and that the supply of corks or screw cap is maintained; calls any problems to the attention of the Bottling Mechanic and or line lead
• Foiling Station: Monitors the operation of the foil application and smooth down operations; keeps the applicators supplied with foils, corrects or removes bottles without foils
• Quality Control Inspection: Reviews line specification sheets and Monitor product to ensure proper application of labels, foils, corks, screw caps, etc.
• Downtime logging: Records all applicable downtime for their area of responsibly and provides report to Lead or Supervisor prior to shift end
• Packing Station: Monitors the palletizing and shrink wrapping of finished goods; assists with attachment of pallet tags and other signage
• Bottling Line Cleanup: Responsible for facilitating rework / reconditioning, general clean up and housekeeping of any assigned area(s)
• Provides assistance with bottling line changeovers, preventive maintenance and filler sanitation procedures
• As needed performs all forklift and pallet jack related responsibilities including generation and attachment of pallet tags, loading/unloading of trucks and preparation of bills of lading
• Follows standard operating procedures in the performance of all bottling activities to ensure maximum productivity and wine quality objectives are achieved
• Adheres to all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to timely and accurate reporting of all work-related injuries and illnesses to the supervisor, promoting safety awareness to co-workers, advising the supervisor of any unsafe acts and conditions and wearing required personal protective equipment
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Some experience in all phases of bottling operations
• Current forklift certification and ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
• Demonstrated ability to understand and follow all bottling line procedures
• Must share company values: integrity, respect, value creation, compliance, customer focus
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work in an evolving environment with enthusiasm
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
• Alertness and the ability to quickly respond to equipment malfunctions are required
• Walking up and down stairs and ladders, bending, excessive standing, walking required
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a continuous basis
• Irregular shifts, including swing, graveyard and overtime may be required; shift hours may be affected by bottling equipment failures
Vintage Wine Estates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.