Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars has immediate openings for Full Time SEASONAL, hourly Visitor Center Representatives. APRX. May to Oct.
• Act as ambassador for the winery promoting its heritage, goals and guiding principles
• Build new and retain existing ambassadors through customer engagement, customer follow-up and by providing outstanding customer service with all customer interactions
• Achieve or exceed department goals by utilizing strategic selling skills to encourage wine club membership and through assisting customers with purchases
• Conduct informative tasting experiences including guided tours with ability to display and convey knowledge of wine
• Ability to speak confidently and with accuracy in front of large groups
• Facilitate accurate sales transactions using retail POS registers
• Stock retail area by moving and distributing cases of wine and other merchandise
• Assist with shipping of retail wine shipments
• Participate in physical inventory as requested
• Perform housekeeping tasks
• Assist with the set-up and execution of special events as requested
Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Ability to work in various weather conditions and non-traditional business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
• 2 years of retail customer service experience recommended
• Strong communication skills, customer service skills, sales skills and the ability to prioritize while handling multiple tasks is required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Goal orientated and able to work as part of a team
• Ability to speak comfortably and audibly in front of groups
• Interest in or knowledge of wine and wine industry
• Proficiency in Point of Sales (POS) systems and basic computer skills preferred
• Must be flexible and available to work varied hours
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent
• History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.