VIP & Trade Coordinator
Work for a dynamic luxury winery…
The VIP & Trade Coordinator has responsibilities for several aspects of VIP & Trade visits to the winery: scheduling and hosting private tours & tastings, responding to specific requests from the Sales & Marketing team and performing various other hospitality related duties. In addition, the Coordinator assists with planning and hosting special and private events related to the Tasting Room, Wine Club, and/or Winery.
• Coordinate on-site Trade & VIP visits, interacting closely with Sales, Marketing, and Executive team, and other staff to confirm all details and requests regarding each visit. Host on-site visits when appropriate, or schedule with winemakers, sales managers, and/or principals when needed.
• Conduct individual tours & tastings for Trade & VIP guests, including set up and clean-up of tasting areas, presentation of wines, coordination of culinary offerings, and all other details.
• Work closely with Tasting Room Manager and Special Events Manager to confirm daily schedule, making adjustments when necessary to ensure premium guest experiences for each visit.
• Create and maintain supplies of printed materials to be used during Trade & VIP visits, such as VIP folders, tasting sheets, wine fact sheets etc..
• Work closely with the DeLoach and Raymond VIP/Trade Coordinators & Hospitality Managers to coordinate travel, tour and tastings, and other activities for guests who will be visiting multiple Boisset properties.
• Assist with special events including all event logistics: assessing equipment needs, ordering rentals and special supplies, assisting with event locations and layouts, coordinating setup and breakdown, attending and hosting events, and performing any additional follow up as needed. Provide back-up for Special Events Manager during vacations, days off, or other absences.
• Input data into the Hospitality Calendar, to show all Hospitality, VIP tours, meals, events, etc. Keep calendar current and accurate, for use by sales team, winery principals, and tasting room staff.
• Manage Tasting Room calendar for group visits.
• Coordinate cleaning schedule for the Hospitality House, communicating often with the housekeeping staff and cleaning service regarding check-in/out, meetings, events, special requests, etc.
• Develop and maintain a database of Trade & VIP guests, for future winery communications via e-mail, fax, or direct mail.
• Assist Tasting Room Manager, providing back up in the Buena Vista tasting areas during peak times as needed, and as Trade & VIP schedule allows. Assist Tasting Room staff with stocking, glass washing, set up, etc.
• Participate in staff meetings, training sessions, and other activities to ensure strong communication and team building with the Direct to Consumer and Hospitality departments.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Wine experience required.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
• Ability to read, write, speak and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess computer skills and familiarity with software programs such as word processing and spreadsheets.
Education, Certificates, Licenses:
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school; or 6-12 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule that will require working weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
• Position does not require overnight travel.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment available upon request.
Work at the historical Buena Vista Winery
Competitive compensation package and full benefits offered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Please apply online at link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume today to be considered for this exciting career opportunity.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015 and 2016.