? Do you love wine?
• Love to talk about wine and share your knowledge?
• Are you fit, fearless, enthusiastic, and engaging?
Tasting Room Associate
Laughing Stock Vineyards is a boutique winery on the Naramata Bench near Penticton. We work hard at trying not to live up to our name, and thus aim to make serious wines with a light-hearted attitude. In the past 10 years, our winery has become one of the most respected and sought-after wine producers in BC. .
We are now accepting applications for a Tasting Room Associate for the 2018 season. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a passion for wine, who is outgoing, enjoys meeting new people, is an effective and dynamic communicator, and can deliver excellent customer service. The ideal candidate has experience with wine sales and some formal wine education (ie WSET). Our ‘by appointment’ model allows you to connect with the guest, have engaging conversations about our award-winning wines and help them in selecting their purchases and joining our Preferred Share Wine Club.
• Engage with the guest on a one on one basis educating and telling our winery story in effective and dynamic way through tastings and sales
• Responsible for the daily operations of the tasting room including maintaining wine & merchandise levels, POS system use and cash out, organization & cleanliness
• Fearless enthusiasm, in a professional manner, for promoting wine sales & our wine club
• Packing wines and taking wine out to guest’s car when necessary
• Discerning the appropriateness of serving wine samples in regard to pour sizes, patron’s legal age and sobriety.
• Help the team meet sales targets
• Exemplary customer service skills
• Solid wine knowledge – WSET considered an asset
• Good computer skills
• Must be able to lift 40 lb cases of wine - Able to stand for long periods of time & navigate stairs
• Professional attitude and a strong work ethic
• Holds a Serving it Right certificate.
Time Period: May – October 2018. Shifts include weekends. This seasonal position ends in mid-October when the Tasting Room closes for the season, but will begin again in 2019. Part-time & full time available.
Thank you for your interest, however only eligible candidates will be contacted