Lab Cellar Technician
Lucas and Lewellen Vineyards is looking for an analytical professional to work as a lab technician with our winemaking team. This person’s position supports winemaking and production by monitoring wine and juice, coordinating and processing lab analyses, and maintaining data entry of results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The lab technician will provide technical support for the winemaking team by directing the flow of daily laboratory functions regarding sampling, analysis, and data management.
• Quality Control of lab procedures, methodology, equipment, and results
• Sampling of wines and juice
• Performs all required analysis in accordance with established procedures to meet vineyard and cellar demands
• Prepares juice/wine trials
• Communicates with winemakers and production on daily activities
• Maintains and documents accuracy and precision of lab instrumentation/analyses
• Prepares reagents for use in lab analysis
• Complies with the lab safety program
• Assists in evaluating lab procedures
• Updates wine inventory
• A.S. or B.S. degree in chemistry, wine science, or related field to include coursework in chemistry.
• 3 – 5 years of winery lab and cellar experience.
• Knowledge of winery processes and analytical techniques
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Strong math and computer skills
• Analytical instrumentation skills preferred
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work flexible and extended hours as the harvest season dictates
• May sit or stand for an extended period of time
• May lift up to 50 lbs.