Under the guidance of the vineyard manager, the vineyard foreman will be responsible for the hands-on supervision of the vineyard crew during pruning, tying, planting, training young vines, suckering, shoot tucking, manual hedging, leaf-plucking and harvesting. While working with the crew performing quality control, the foreman will assist with pest and disease monitoring, irrigation status assessment and trellis repairs. The ideal candidate will have experience with operation of tractors with implements (mower, sprayer, grape hoe, hedger etc.), wind machines and overhead irrigation for frost control and will be able to step into diverse roles as necessary.
• Willingness to learn
• Proven effective supervision and management of workers
• Valid class 5 with clean abstract and own transportation
• Attention to detail and high standards of quality control
• A “can do” attitude and excellent work ethic, ability to set the pace and maintain production
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Ability to plan several steps ahead, prioritize daily tasks and supervise multiple projects at one time
• Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs, bend, kneel
• Willingness to work outdoors in inclement weather, outside in winter temperatures or in the heat of summer
• Willingness to work early mornings, late afternoons and weekends as necessary
• Maintain shop and tools in a tidy and safe condition
• Participate in company safety meetings and adhere to and enforce company safe work practices and policies
• Additional priority will be given to candidates with farm or supervisory experience, fluency in Spanish, Valid pesticide applications licence or ability and willingness to obtain