Job Title: Hospitality Coordinator (Onsite Guest Experience)
Reports To: Hospitality Manager & Estate Concierge
Classification: Part-time, hourly (Mon-Thu, 20 hours)
Date: March 2018
Scope: In collaboration with and/or in the absence of the Estate Concierge, the Hospitality Coordinator coordinates the activities involved in the planning and implementation of all winery guest experiences. Responsible for positive customer interactions, specifically managing guest visitation, setting guest expectations, processing reservation requests and helping to manage the flow guest visitation throughout the week. This important position represents the guest’s first impression and sets the tone for the entire guest experience, and thus requires excellent customer relations and oral/written communication skills, considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy, as well as a practical knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, general company policies and programs.
• Coordinates reservations and inquiries via phone, email and online system and in-person, including guest correspondence and appointment logistics. Update and maintain winery calendar & VinoVisit, ensuring accuracy and information sharing across the company.
• Greet guests in a warm, welcoming and professional manner. Confirm appointment, compare to daily schedule and use judgement to accommodate walk-ins.
• Monitor and manage the flow of all guest reservations and communicate with hospitality team for both scheduled and walk-in appointments. Adjust, adapt, and manage communications to provide exceptional service to all visitors, and inform Manager of any conflicts or potential issues.
• Be aware of monthly sales, visitor and club goals; maximize visitation while maintaining a reasonable balance.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of the winery and brand messaging, and be able to communicate wine tasting options, membership programs, and other consumer/trade information.
• Develop a “white glove” approach to visitation by suggesting memorable experiences for our guests through high level referral relationships with lodging partners, restaurants and wineries.
• Assist with outreach by maintaining consistent referral tracking and following up with key winery and lodging partners via email, phone or in person.
• Assist with the coordination of activities for large group experiences; trade and media visits; and other special experiences as requested. Work with internal/external representatives on planning activities, securing all necessary manpower, equipment, etc., and communication to management.
• Follow through with completion of all aspects of reservation requests within 24 hours, and follow up with internal team to confirm completion when necessary.
• Support Salon Ambassadors as needed with additional back-of-house functions that support front-of-house service and guest satisfaction.
• Previous winery, hotel or restaurant experience focusing on hospitality, events and/or sales; luxury brand preferred.
• Excellent verbal communication skills; able to effectively interact with our staff and guests. Confidence and polish to manage difficult conversations.
• Confidant/vibrant/extroverted/positive nature, with superior people skills and a “can do” attitude.
• “White glove” service balanced with down-to-earth, gracious hospitality. Desire to accommodate but knows when/how to say “No.”
• Clean and professional appearance in compliance with the winery dress code.
• Flexible, conscientious, and able to act independently, making quick decisions to solve problems as they occur; ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Strong multi-tasking and prioritization of front-of-house needs with back-of-house responsibilities.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and learns new systems quickly; must be able to manage phone calls, email, online reservations and winery calendar.
• Strong project management capabilities, with ability to organize and prioritize work to meet tight deadlines. Previous event planning experience preferred.
• Open availability including weekends, holidays and evenings.
• Must be age 21+ to serve wine.
• Current driver’s license and reliable transportation to report for work as scheduled.
• Ability to work in a standing and/or walking position for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds on an intermittent basis.
• Ability to effectively stock wine and non-wine merchandise, set-up and break down structures, tables, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and other equipment to assist in moving heavy objects.