Harvest 2018 Intern Position
The Carlton Winemakers Studio is an elite Oregon winemaking facility with more than 15 years of history as a home and launch pad for some of the most groundbreaking wines from the Pacific Northwest. As the Pacific Northwest’s first alternating proprietorship and first winery built to LEED standards, The Carlton Winemakers Studio in the heart of Willamette Valley is a collaborative, flexible, fully-equipped and staffed winemaking home for more than a dozen highly coveted and innovative vintners from Oregon and Washington.
Intern duties will include but are not limited to:
• Fruit sorting and processing
• Punch downs, pump overs, general cap management
• Cleaning and sanitation of all cellar areas and equipment
• Assist with tank draining and press operating tasks
• Barrel work from prep and cleaning to filling and storing
• Some lab work and processing of samples
• Daily measuring of brix and temperatures
• Some bottling work will be required
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly
• Ability to work long hours, sometimes late into the night
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude about the job at hand
• Extremely detail oriented and organized
• A passion for winemaking and a genuine interest in the wine industry
• Quality humor and/or joke telling abilities
• Previous vintage experience a plus
• Forklift experience a plus
• Ability to notice when the coffee pot is empty/nearly empty and brew a new pot faster than a bob can sled.
Non-U.S. Citizens are responsible for acquiring the appropriate visa. We are happy to help with that process, but all fees and travel expenses will be the intern’s responsibility. We will also be happy to help you find lodging and make sure you have transportation to and from work.
When applying please include cover letter, resume and a Pandora/Spotify/music station you love and a station you would not be able to stand.