EnRoute/Bella Union Winery is seeking a strong team of enthusiastic, detail-oriented cellar interns for the upcoming 2018 harvest. Located in Sebastopol, CA we make EnRoute and Bella Union (sister winery to Far Niente, Nickel & Nickel, and Dolce). EnRoute produces exceptional Pinot noir and Chardonnay from some of the most prized vineyards in the Russian River Valley and Bella Union specializes in Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
We are looking for self-motivated candidates looking to expand their knowledge and help craft our wines in a very hands-on experience while working closely with the winemaking and cellar team.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
Grape sorting and processing, pump overs, punch-downs, cellar cleaning and sanitation procedures, draining and pressing tanks, shoveling pomace, additions to juice and wine, filling, racking and topping barrels.
Ideal candidates will also possess:
• Excellent communication skills, be highly motivated, exercise good judgment and accountability.
• Ability to work long hours with a flexible schedule to work long days, varying shifts, weekends and holidays, all while willing to learn to make outstanding wine.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Previous industry experience and related education is a plus.
• Forklift experience a plus but not required.
Time frame for the job is approximately late July or early August through October or later, depending on season (TBD). The position is hourly, and wages will be based on experience.
No phone calls, please.