Join us at our Paso Robles state of the art production facility. As a Harvest Enologist, you will partake in tastings and discussions. Working directly with the Cellar Supervisor and Winemaking team to manage incoming fermentations, you will master grape receiving, work order writing, fermentation management, draining and pressing, and barrel down processes. Come join our energetic and passionate team for Harvest 2018!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitoring and managing fermentations, including daily tastings and generation of daily pump-over schedule
• Managing inoculations and additions for small and medium tonnage reserve winery lots, writing work orders
• Making press-cuts and other winemaking decisions by taste with winemaker guidance
• Sample-pulling, preparing and tasting benchtop trials, and managing dry goods inventory
• Participation in: several vineyard tours and berry sensory analysis training, occasional non-harvest winemaking tastings, daily winemaking / scheduling meeting
• Assisting with operation of winery equipment, barrel work, sanitation, and other cellar work if time allows
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid California Driver's License and clean DMV record required
• Advanced coursework in Viticulture and Enology required, B.S. or M.S. in V&E preferred
• Ability to work both independently and as a dynamic, contributing team member in a fast-paced environment
• Previous cellar and laboratory experience preferred but not required
• Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements
• Experience in Microsoft Excel and Word required, strong data management skills preferred
• Ability to speak Spanish is helpful but not required
• Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and willingness to work long hours inside or outside
• Ability to perform physical labor if necessary, and to lift 50lbs.
• Must be 21 years of age
Wage information: Hourly including overtime, rate DOE
Please apply with resume and cover letter on our Careers Page.
At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we welcome individuals who seek to make extraordinary impact. Individuals who trust their instincts, roll their sleeves up and throw their hands in to deliver results. Offering a global portfolio of instantly recognized wine brands including Penfolds, Beringer, Sterling Vineyards, Etude, Stags' Leap, Matua and 19 Crimes; TWE is an organization where the sky's the limit.
At Treasury Wine Estates we have one ambition, to be recognized as the world's most celebrated wine company.