Created in 1978 by Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi, Opus One remains committed to realizing our founder’s dream of bringing to life one unique wine that expresses the seamlessly blended personality and character of each family. With a great sense of pride in our work to realize this dream, the people of Opus One bring profound dedication and unsurpassed attention to detail in our daily work. We care deeply for the quality of our relationships within the winery, with our trade partners and with our customers.
This role provides administrative support to the Vice President of Communications and includes administrative assistance for the Communications Manager, Direct Marketing Manager and Guest Relations Manager. The position of Communications Coordinator organizes all correspondence, documentation, appointments, travel, and presentations for the Vice President of Communications. This role also assists with media and public relations, scheduling VIP visits, and managing key contacts within our Customer Relationship Management system. Data entry, and data verification, managing R.S.V.P.’s, and offsite event coordination are additional functions of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• With Vice President of Communications, coordinate Opus One’s media relations with print writers, bloggers, publishers, and assist with collection of materials necessary for social media communication.
• Assist Communications Manager with maintaining database of global wine writers. Receive, evaluate and compile press clippings for Opus One’s board of directors and senior management. Coordinate, edit and distribute press releases sent by Opus One.
• Review and respond to general incoming correspondence, emails, phone calls, and scheduling appointments. Advises Vice President of necessary action regarding the above.
• Maintain and organize digital and paper filing system for Vice President of Communications, including photo and press library management.
• Provide travel support to Vice President of Communications including expense reporting (travel and meeting arrangements; shipping of supplies before events, etc.)
• Receive, evaluate and compile press clippings for Opus One’s board of directors and senior management using on-line subscription service. Coordinate press releases sent by Opus One.
• Arrange wine shipments and photography requests for print writers, bloggers, publishers, and assist with customer relationship management system.
• Assist with the collection of materials necessary for social media communication.
• Review publications for all articles relevant to Opus One (including the luxury wine segment, competitive winery activities, and market trends).
• Coordinate specialized tours for the Vice President of Communications, CEO, Winemaker and other senior managers as needed.
• Prepare meeting minutes for all Communications, Direct Marketing, and Guest Relations departmental meetings.
• Generate press kits and maintain up-to-date translations for same.
• Coordinate in-house event R.S.V.P.’s (e.g., the winery holiday party, and special local events)
Direct Marketing Support
• Support Direct Marketing Manager by gathering on-line metrics for review
• Review and edit all direct communications (website and letters) for accuracy and assist with scheduling of mailings.
• Assist in maintaining Customer Relationship Management database accuracy and provide miscellaneous administrative support around events and mailing campaigns.
Employee must have the ability to work well with others at all levels of the company as well as with guests and VIP customers of Opus One; must also have the ability to perform a variety of administrative tasks with little or no direction. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Employee must also have a valid Driver’s License and be insurable by Opus One.
Education and/or Experience
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook),
• Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics or another customer relationship management system in a hospitality setting preferred.
• Familiarity with elements of high-profile luxury-oriented hospitality events.
• Experience in a customer-service-focused luxury environment.
• Working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media is preferred.
• Five plus years of office environment experience - for a senior executive preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Excellent English composition, grammar, spelling and editing skills required. Good public speaking skills are necessary along with a pleasant phone manner. Ability and willingness to conduct spontaneous tours for special guests is preferred. Impeccable organizational skills with regard to scheduling, deadlines, and information management is required. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is essential. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must have demonstrable poise and professionalism, especially for customer service. Proficiency in French language preferred.