We know that there are plenty of accounting roles out there in our industry today, so why do you want to work for Huneeus Vintners (HV)?
• HV offers one of the finest, luxury focused wine portfolios in CA (Quintessa, Flowers, Faust, etc.)
• HV is experiencing growth and likes to promote from within
• HV is a family owned and operated,privately held CA based wine organization
• HV has strong finance/accounting managers and is upgrading accounting software to help you do the best job possible
As a key member of the Accounting team, you will assist with the management of accounting operations (general ledger, accounts payable / receivable, etc.) and preparation of monthly financials. Working closely with the Accounting Manager, this position plays a key role in the accounting process/analysis and GL maintenance.
In brief, an ideal candidate will posses the following:
• Degree in Accounting or related field
• 1-2+ years experience in similar function
• Strong interpersonal interaction and engagement ability
• GL management and maintenance
• Experience with Great Plains, MS AX, or an enterprise software system, and advanced Excel skills
• Comes from a Wine, Beverage or Food manufacturing related industry a plus
• Ability to work in downtown Napa
Is this YOU? APPLY NOW!! Please apply via Winejobs.com here.
Want to know more!?...Read on here for details:
The Staff Accountant will work under the supervision of the Accounting Manager to maintain the General Ledger and perform various monthly reconciliations and account analyses. The Staff Accountant will record general ledger journal entries, assist in the production of annual financial statements, and participate in the Company’s annual Audit.
• Assist the Accounting Manager with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department including balance sheet reconciliations, expense analysis, and AR aging analysis (DSO reporting).
• Perform the review and management of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
• Support the accounts payables process and ensure accuracy and timely check runs and payments.
• Manage the processing of cash receipts, digital check reader deposits are done weekly.
• Review and process Expense reports and receipts submitted by employees on monthly basis.
• Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
• Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
This position requires solid accounting skills and financial analysis. You must be extremely organized and able to meet deadlines. The qualified candidate will possess strong problem-solving, and analytical skills, as well as flexibility and ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm. Position requires a professional appearance and attitude, the ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of accounting experience; or Business Analysis
• Strong skills in accounting packages, excel, and word
• Bachelors degree in Accounting
MORE ABOUT HUNEEUS VINTNERS: Spanning generations and hemispheres, the fine wines of Huneeus Vintners reflect a sense of place and a passion for excellence. After years of running global wine companies, father and son, Agustin Huneeus and Agustin Francisco Huneeus, teamed up in 2005 to establish a portfolio of wines that represent the finest vineyard estates, appellations and wines in both North and South America.
More than just extraordinary winemakers, the team has a unique talent for discovering gems with great potential and turning them into powerhouse brands. Today, the critically-acclaimed wines and estates include Quintessa, Flowers, Faust and Illumination. It takes generations of focus, passion and determination to build some of the greatest wine brands in the world.
If you are compelled to learn more and express interest, please apply here via winejobs.com!!