The primary duties of the position are to provide leadership, management, and direction as required to ensure world-class bottling maintenance systems and practices are implemented and sustained. Assists in developing and executing an innovative departmental budget that will strategically leverages diverse resources, prioritizes and supports real time operations and long-term productivity, quality and efficiency goals. Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
* Manage bottling maintenance staff personnel ensuring that scheduling, staffing, attendance, reporting, procedure adherence, consistency and quality of work performed are in accordance with company expectations.
* Analyze daily shift and department maintenance reports and provide direction in accomplishment of maintenance actions.
* Lead the Bottling Maintenance workforce through vision and values while directing, training, mentoring and developing the skilled work force with consistency in message and purpose.
* Build strategic working relationships with peers in achieving and maintaining the accuracy and consistent flow of information and execution of procedures.
* Guide staff in assessing and correcting mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment operations.
* Interact with vendors to exploit technology, purchase/repair/replacement equipment and services and resolve equipment, training and process issues.
* Assist in the development of departmental and capital budget that will strategically leverage diverse resources, prioritize and support real time operation and long-term productivity, quality and efficiency goals.
* Assure that all company "Purchase to Pay" policies are adhered to.
* Regular updates with Bottling Director to review OEE's are meeting target.
* Schedule, lead, and document monthly departmental safety meetings focusing on training and an open dialog of pertinent safety issues.
* Provide opportunities for Bottling Maintenance staff to increase skill and knowledge and prepare for possible advancement. This should include continuing education outside of the winery as well as hands on teaching of trade skills.
* Assist in planning and executing Capital Projects in support of production, quality and efficiency goals.
* May establish and maintain procedures and guidelines for ISO 9001:2008
* Develop reports on accomplishment of maintenance actions.
* Ensure proper preventative maintenance is achieved.
* Ensure proper safety and compliance guidelines are met.
* BS degree in Engineering, mechanical or electrical preferred
* Minimum 5 years' experience manufacturing, including 2 years of supervisory experience required.
* High degree of knowledge in PLC controls, pneumatics, mechanical systems and mechanical design.
* Experience in high speed manufacturing preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate and document workflow.
* Able to exercise fiscal responsibility, within established budgetary constraints.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong supervisory, teamwork and organizational skills.
* Experience with JD Edwards or equivalent ERP management system.
* Proficiency in Excel, Word, E-Mail.
* Demonstrated ability to problem solve and adjust to changing timelines.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
Travel Requirements 5%
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Canandaigua, New York
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).