The Cellar Operator position tends to the day-to-day operation of Cellar Equipment. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
• Under moderate supervision: Perform Cellar I tasks: Clean & sanitize equipment, apply good housekeeping practices, perform wine movements, top barrels, add chemicals to wine, operate less complex equipment, measure and calculate workplace data.
• Perform moderately complex cellar and barrel tasks including but not limited to assemble blends per Winemaker instructions, add fining agents for clarify wine, etc.
• Operate moderately complex equipment such as lees filter, cross flow filter, press, etc.
• Provide feedback to Winemaking, Cellar, and Barrel staff on best practices.
• Understand and be an active participant in the 5S program. (Sort, Set in order, Standardize, Sweep, Sustain).
• Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
• Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
• High School Diploma/ GED
• 2 - 5 years' Cellar Operator experience
• Must be able to skillfully operate all basic Cellar equipment
• Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as needed
• Must be able to operate machinery
• Must know how to use hand tools
• Must possess basic math skills
• Must be able to use meters
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Must be able to stand, walk, sit
• Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
• Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
• Climb or balance stairs/ladders
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
• Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plan/train as needed
• Works outdoors/indoors
• Works in warm/cold climates
• Works on wet surfaces
• Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
• Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).