The Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for providing the front line guest experience by developing relationships that promote the sale of wine, wine club membership and develop brand loyalty. Other duties and responsibilities may apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures that all guests are greeted immediately upon entry to the tasting room and provided with experiences that will build brand loyalty.
• Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner to all guests in the tasting room.
• Maintains the tasting room environment by ensuring that it is inviting and appealing.
• ID’s guests when needed to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Serves samples of wine for guests in both individual and group settings.
• Shares appropriate information and educates guests about the wines, brand history and sister wineries.
• Promotes the sale of wine products in the tasting room, pursues sales opportunities and encourages customers to buy wines and join the wine club.
• Accurately uses POS registers and other winery systems to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory.
• Accurately completes end of day reports, reconciles daily sales and posts transactions.
• Demonstrates personal accountability by completing all job duties in a correct and timely manner and by following all company policies and procedures.
• Performs opening and closing duties.
• Ensures that the tasting room is clean by disposing of trash, wiping counters and tabletops, cleaning glassware, etc.
• Restock wine and glassware in the tasting room as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• First-hand knowledge, appreciation and passion of wine.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships.
• Retail sales and customer service experience, i.e., the ability to present products, up sell and cross sell.
• Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills.
• Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and point-of-sale applications.
• Database management, social media and data entry experience a plus.
• Available to work weekends, holidays and overtime.
• Presents a professional appearance.
• Must be a team player and maintain a positive disposition.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift/move/carry 50 pounds on a repetitive basis.
• Minimum of one year of experience in the same or similar role in the wine industry required.
• High school diploma or GED required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in a tasting room environment. Employee may also occasionally work in an outdoor environment during special events. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Events may have higher levels of noise at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to multitask.
The employee is regularly required to use hands, arms and fingers to operate a POS system, standard office equipment, open/pour wine and perform housekeeping duties. Must be able to hear and speak in order to exchange information and taste and smell. The employee is frequently required to stand, move and walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to lift/move/carry 50 pounds on a repetitive basis. The employee may occasionally be required to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.