Cakebread Cellars, the Napa Valley premium winery, seeks to add a skilled and professional Cellar Worker to its team. Under the supervision of the Cellar Master, this team member learns and performs various work assignments that result in the production of high quality wines. Ensures that safety procedures, cellar procedures, quality standards and training programs are followed as directed by the Winemaker, Assistant Winemaker, and Cellar Master.
• Follows all employee safety rules
• Ensures that all equipment is operating in a safe manner
• Cleans and sanitizes stainless steel tanks and all equipment
• Performs routine barrel maintenance
• Operates all types of pumps including centrifugal, positive displacement, air pumps and bull dog pumps
• Racks and fills barrels. Racks, transfers to and from tanks and to and from barrels
• Tops and stirs barrels; adds 6% SO2 to barrels
• Makes wine additions to tanks and barrels
• Loads and unloads barrel trucks
• Conducts pumpovers, rack & return procedures, and all other harvest duties
• Operates forklift safely and is forklift certified
• Works on bottling line dumping glass, packing or palletizing as needed
• Assists in the blending of tanks for final blend compositions
• Sanitizes, rinses and loads depth filters
• Sets up wine lines, pumps and fittings for wine transfers
• Cleans bins, floors and other equipment using pressure washer
• Cleans winery floors using a floor scrubber
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work in changing environment
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills; sets priorities
• Good written and verbal communication
• Innovative, positive team player
• Ability to work in small confined spaces and high places
• Ability to read, write and perform simple arithmetic
• Ability to work extended shifts; including night shifts during harvest
• Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
Physical and Mental Requirements
The traditional methods of performing job functions for this position are reflected below. Reasonable accommodations may be made if deemed necessary.
1. Ability to stand for long periods of time. Job duties are performed primarily from a standing position.
2. Full body mobility: Ability to stand; walk; sit; use tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
3. Accurate vision and sense of smell.
4. Performs work duties in and outdoors.
5. Exposure to temperature extremes and exposure to fumes, gases, toxic chemicals, etc. Contact with water and potentially harmful fumes.
6. Appropriate safety gear required.
Cakebread Cellars is a tobacco free and fragrance free workplace.
If you are interested in the position and meet the minimum qualifications, please send a resume and cover letter to Jobs@cakebread.com or fax to 707-967-9390; no phone calls please.